Clutch Problems

Meggs_83

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Member For: 17y 5m 16d

Well typical Ford not coming to the party. cracked sump, new bellhousing, clutch, exhaust and reco gearbox $11k.

They will replace stuffed diff bush and leaks though. thanks for nothin, I brought the damn thing because it could overtake 40m road trains quickly and obvoiusly it can't handle it. fatigue the hell out of it

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 1m 28d
Well typical Ford not coming to the party. cracked sump, new bellhousing, clutch, exhaust and reco gearbox $11k.

They will replace stuffed diff bush and leaks though. thanks for nothin, I brought the damn thing because it could overtake 40m road trains quickly and obvoiusly it can't handle it. fatigue the hell out of it

Their clutch blew apart how is that your fault?

How long did you drive with it making a noise usually it will only make 1 hole?

• Member For: 19y 5m 24d

When a clutch or flywheel flys apart it can make a huge mess. I had a friend who has a rotary powered datsun 1200 -and luckily for him it was left hand drive. The flywheel split - and the ring gear went around and cut a massive hole in the floor, bellhousing, cut the starter motor off, alternator etc etc all flew all over the race track. Inside the car looked like the chainsaw masacre!

If you car is stock - take Ford to court - this certainly should be covered. If it is modded - pay up - buy a second hand sump and bellhousing, and a mal wood clutch or other alternative. Dont get Ford to repair it if it is your cost.

Edited by cobrav8

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 5m 23d

f..k driver abuse....

if you havnt edited your car I would be spewing.

driver abuse on a stock t56 dosnt do that damage, I would be ringing ford asap and a lawer too. :crybaby:

• Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 19y 2m 25d

dont just cop their driver abuse card mate, no chance with damage like that..

I could do burnouts all day and not have that happen.. that is a serious failure of either the clutch or pressure plate.

http://www.antilag.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14330

you'll need to register to read the thread but the same thing happened to a guy running a w58 in his soarer

here is a pic of his

152331.jpg

Edited by XR06T