Automatic Windows On All 4 Windows

Cam

• Member For: 21y 8m 1d

Sorry to those who have been waiting for me to post details but I've been busy writing installation instructions for the module I've designed.

This control module plugs inline with the existing electric window motor, using the existing connectors and the existing switches. It takes control of the window allowing fully automatic up and down operation from electric windows that do no have automatic operation capabilities.

The features are:

Connects in-line with existing window motor

Easy installation

Easy removal to restore original operation

Automatically drives window to its fully open or closed position

A single module will allow automatic operation from both the drivers window switch and the passengers window switch.

Windows that are already fully automatic do not require a module

A module is only required for those windows that you desire to be fully automatic.

Can be stopped part way up or down by a short press on the window switch in opposite direction

Will stop motor if window becomes jammed

Over voltage protected to protect the module in case of a voltage spike

Reverse polarity protected to protect module from incorrect installation

Inputs are protected to prevent damage to module

Draws <1uA (< .001 mA) when in standby mode

Draws 30mA (+ window motor current) when in operation

Operation:

To open or close window fully press and hold window switch for 1 second.

Window will stop automatically if it reaches the top or bottom or if the window mechanism becomes jammed of if the window is obstructed or if the window fails to reach the top or bottom in 10 seconds.

To stop window part way up or down press window switch for less then 1 second in opposite direction.

This is a photo of the module beign held in position (to give an idea of scale).

post-3-1054896321.jpg

I am considering getting them manufactured for retails sale (they work on all cars not just fords - I have installed them in a Honda prelude and a Toyota Camry, and my XR6 Turbo so far)

If members are interested (I already know some are) then I can supply them (in limited numbers) with instructions for installation for $100 each.

Installation is straight forward taking about 30mins each.

• The Noble Leader
  • Administrator
  • Member For: 21y 11m 19d

I have the auto windows up integrated into my alarm.. so that when i activate my alarm all the windows go up.. Its very handy.. Should have been put in the cars as standard.

I have the auto windows up integrated into my alarm.. so that when I activate my alarm all the windows go up.. Its very handy.. Should have been put in the cars as standard.

Do the windows go automatically up from the door switches or only when you set the alarm??

Do they go automatically down at all (except driver door - they all do that)??

• Member For: 21y 6m 16d
I have the auto windows up integrated into my alarm.. so that when I activate my alarm all the windows go up.. Its very handy.. Should have been put in the cars as standard.

Is that a factory alarm?

• The Noble Leader
  • Administrator
  • Member For: 21y 11m 19d
I have the auto windows up integrated into my alarm.. so that when i activate my alarm all the windows go up.. Its very handy.. Should have been put in the cars as standard.

Is that a factory alarm?

No its aftermarket.. Sentry branding.

• 3 years later...

This is an old post, but quite a few peopel are contacting me about these modules recently.

Since the original post ive revised the module twice, to include minor improvments, and I am having the boards professionally manufactured.

A new photo is attached for those who like that kind of thing...