New Zealand Cruise & Chat Thread

Dagabond

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 8m

You need to look into what is required for cert, there are many mods that dont require a cert. There are particular thresholds for everything before a cert is needed in NZ. The boost controller for one is not a cert item.

As for insurance, if your car should have a cert then insurance would have grounds to not pay if you didnt have one. But on top of that if you modify your vehicle and havent notified the insurer of this then it will also not be covered, whether they chose to not cover just the mods or void you insurance in an event is really up to them.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 4m 19d

I didnt even know boost controllers work on these cars.. I would have thought a tune would be better than a boost controller....

• 2 weeks later...
  • Member For: 12y 4m 21d

Hi guys I'm from chch,just put down a deposit on whats been my dream car for the last 10 years a BA xr6 turbo in blueprint(the best colour!) I've owned plenty of turbo cars over the years(a GTR,RX7,a few evos) and my family are ford lovers through and through with my parents having always owned fords so with me loving turbo cars and ford running through my veins an xr6 turbo was always on the cards can not wait to pick it up sunday.

• Donating Members

Well welcome to the forum :D good to have a few more chch members....sounds like a pretty sweet ride...you or your parents a member of the local ford club?

• Member For: 13y 8m

I didnt even know boost controllers work on these cars.. I would have thought a tune would be better than a boost controller....

Boost controllers work great on these (electronic). Measuring MAP is the best method to control boost as far as I'm aware.

A tune can only do so much given the parameters available in the boost table (MAP not being one of them)

• Donating Members

oh true, Ive always heard it goes into limp mode without being chipped...flag that though I think id prefer modify then tune etc instead of slappin a boost controller into a car and winding the boost up lol

• Member For: 13y 8m

I agree, tune first. After it's tuned you use the boost controller. Mine ran up to 420kw at about 20psi with good afr's before I fitted the boost controller set at lower boost.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 8m

Well I guess it was only a matter of time but noticed this as I walked past the car earlier today and was devastated.

IMG_0285.jpg

IMG_0286.jpg

Damn our crap earthquake roads, had to put the BF rims back on and hope I can claim it from the council.