New Zealand Cruise & Chat Thread

Dagabond

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 4m 19d

@xr6turbs

yeah mate its funny because there might be a few chch members on here...yet at the tickford and fpv club we have stuff all...which is why Im thinking of not rejoining it..

If I can offer one small peice of advice when using T.P ask them to install drive shaft loops..if your looking at hunting down big power...they are a *beep* to get installed afterwards and you need them to get a cert...I just wish they did mine :D

@wenier

I personally havent used him because of the stories ive heard...which all seem to be not good stories....sure the job is done but its how long it takes... I dont mind saying because its helpful criticism ...no point in saying hes a total dick because that doesnt solve anything which hes not anyway lol

I keep trying to talk robin @ T.P to move or start a branch in CHCH lol also I think that grey ute is a V8 possibly.....

I try and use a sign I made at work which advertises this forum at car shows...to see if we can get some more members instead of the $75/year fee is costs to join fpv and tickford club...

I went for cert the other day which I passed all except the drive shaft loop thing...exhaust past with 2dB :D but then I thought I was doing right and I had it booked in at Avon City Ford (was hoping it would pass cert so I could get wof)...that decision seemed to be a very wrong one....they took to it like ravage animals, pulling up a few errors which failed it...these errors are questionable... BUT that's another story

..what really pi$$ed off was when they took my car in to do WOF... I was sure I could hear my radio blasting out across the workshop..I couldnt go out there etc but when I got it back I noticed it was off...this is odd because I never turn it off..so I turned it on...the blimmin thing was on 17 sound setting...I have bass up full and LOUD on....I felt like going back and ripping the guys head off...it almost maxes the sub out and Im sure as hell confident that Avon City Ford wont fork out for a new one when it breaks due to abuse..grrrr why cant I find a decent blimmin mechanic >:| ..... Im going to try Kaipoi repower next week for the drive shaft loop... im fussy when it comes to my car and sure as hell dont want it being abused by anyone but me lol

PHEEWWW what a story LOL

• boosting
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 2m 28d

That sucks mate, there is no need to have a radio playing while the WOF is getting done?! Forkers.

I will keep that Tail shaft loops in mind - I probably wont look for MASS power - just 300 at the wheels! haha

With my old car - I ordered one of the JL audio 8in subs, but the place was out of stock. they offered me this DD sub in 8in for a little bit more money, boxed so I took it. I removed the old PIECE of ish and have it sitting in behind my seats. it went pretty hard, and I disconnected the rear speakers for now.

when I brought the 07, (I had taken out all my video / audio gear out before I traded in the 04) I was wondering where the sub noise was? the dealer had disconnected it cause it was F'd BIG time, probably should have hit them up about it but couldn't be bothered tad annoyed though. but ahh well pulled it out put the DD in and it works a treat.

Indeed I know what you mean, the only people who are allowed to abuse it are the people who PAY for it right?!

• Donating Members

Exactly, and because I am younger than most who drive these they automatically think boy racer tosser when I walk in the door lol I know it does sound fussy about the stero but its just these small things that add up....

By memory you gotta have the loops if you have a power gain of over 20-30%

• Member For: 13y 8m

@RIPTIDE

What colour are you and rims? Might have seen you around?

Rims are standard 17" BF rims with the 3 finger marks on each spoke.

So how much drama is it to get a cert and what does it cost?

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 6m 7d
So how much drama is it to get a cert and what does it cost?

mine cost $400,I think its a flat rate.

It would pay to do all ya mods then get ya cert as each extra mod after ya cert is another $400.

certifier near you

• boosting
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 2m 28d

HAHAHA yeah exactly FOONIN, I got my first one when I was 21 and still get the "boy racer" image.

Little things do add up right, wow, 20% to 30% is just a tune away! thanks for the heads up.

• Donating Members

This is what cert cost me:

$410 for cert'ing engine, suspension and any other mods on car

and an extra $190 to cert exhaust

They basically check the whole car...they asked me what power it was making then they tested the brakes to ensure they are big enough etc to handle the power...I did give the guy certing the car my tuners details etc but I dont think he actually rung them. They dont care whats been done to it as long as its not overally loud, illegal or dodgy...Certing isnt too bad as long as you have everything required...which for me I just need to get drive shaft loops installed

If you dont cert your car and it needs it you will find it hard getting a warrant...and you better think of a good excuse if you get pulled over by the cops

HOWEVER even if you have cert some tosser cops can still be dickheads and tell you your exhaust is too loud etc...even though there might be a cert sticker on the exhaust...so then what you have to do is get to the local police station WITHIN and hour (anything over an hour and they count it as you have had enough time to change the exhaust) and provide the cert papers for the car etc.. sounds crap but its definately worth it for when you put your foot down :D

• Member For: 13y 8m

If the exhaust is a complete system like my Xforce does it still need a cert?

Would my factory brakes be ok? They are 322 fronts.

I got a ticket a while back for speeding while overtaking a slow vehicle and the cop didn't say anything about the exhaust and it's quieter now it's carboned up a bit.

I can just turn the boost down when I go for the warrant.

Also how does the cert effect your insurance?

And what do the hoops consist of?

Sorry about all the questions :)

• Donating Members

Yup anything that's modified needs cert, the law basically revolves around the dB rating of the exhaust..

Im not too sure on the factory brakes...Ive got fpv 6 pot brembo's on the front and he seem all good with those...

Depends really on the cop, some could be really fussy and tell you its too loud with or without cert. If you were pulled over most good cops would see that its got cert and not give you a ticket for a loud exhaust. However some dirty cops may go over the car with fine detail lol If you dont have cert it really comes down to luck as in whether the cop knows about falcons etc

You have a boost controller ?? WOF still should pick up on the aftermarket gear etc, although I know a guy with a 400rwkw typhoon and from a glance it doesnt seem he has cert but hasnt had trouble with WOF... as soon as they catch you out though its on the system :)

My insurance wasnt effected by the cert...pretty sure they didnt even ask me if it had it lol They charge me enough so I guess they can handle the risk :D

The hoops consist of flatbar etc as shown in the pic below...

Questions are all good I dont mind...only one way to find out about all the details...

post-35221-0-51134900-1334685508_thumb.j