New Zealand Cruise & Chat Thread

Dagabond

• Member For: 16y 5m 15d

I just spent a week driving around the South Island and I think I saw 2 Xr6 Turbo's max...The roads you guys have over there are amazing but everyone drives around in POS cars lol.

Some of those mountain passes are pure heaven and I saw 1 cop in 1500k's of driving. The whole time I was in the camper I was just dreaming of having my car over there!

I did see a few R33 Skylines though lol. I remember one of the NZ guys who wanted to compare XR6 turbos to Skylines saying Christchurch was the Skyline capital of the world, I think he is right haha.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Member For: 16y 5m 15d

I was suprised to hear that 3rd Party Insurance isnt compulsory. Meaning that if someone hits you and they are in the wrong, then it is up to them to give you money for the damage because they may not have insurance lol. Imagine hitting a $200K car and writing it off, that's half a house!

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 3m 9d

Various lobby groups have tried to push the 3rd party insurance issue for years to no avail. You are right however, and what nobody seems to get their head around is that it is for the protection of ALL, not just the person whose car is hit.

• 3 weeks later...
  • boosting
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 2m 29d

Just wondering if the guy I talked to this morning at the Te Atatu exit is on here??

Nice CAR!

• Member For: 16y 5m 8d

Hey guys. Who is a good tuner of turbo falcons in the southisland?? Anyone had good experiences? Prefer if they use VCM or Snyper. Having issue with tuning my car locally and looking at alternatives, someone who has worked on XR6T's and knows them well. Cheers