Ford Flags V8 Supercar Belt-tightening

f-wolf

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Member For: 17y 6m 7d

Hey guys, I'm with 01txr, Expensive Daewoo just bend the rules to get good results in V8 Supercars and Ford just cops all the slack. A classic example of this was the last race of last years season, when clearly you could see Tander blocking and slowing down to try and stop Lowndes from passing, so his team mate Kelly could get away. Next thing you know Tander got a penalty for illegal blocking (Which he rightfully deserved, mind you they probably should have been disqualified for it), so that caused Lowndes to pass and since the Toll HSV team and Kelly new that Lowndes had the speed advantage compared to Kelly, he took Lowndes car out, so he could win the race. I know most people and even Expensive Daewoo fans despised this action and clearly new who had won the race, not Kelly, but Lowndes. I think Kelly should have been disqualified for this action and shouldn't have been able to win the championship. I reckon the chanpionship win last year should have gone to Wincup, since he was 3rd on the championship ladder, that way both parties would have been happy.

The end of last years season was an absaloute regret for me, as this was not racing, but clear revenge and selfishness. I can tell you now is that way Brock would have wanted it, I think not and I am sure most people agree with me, but once again Expensive Daewoo seems to shift and twist the rules around to making themselves look good.

Anyway that's my opinion, but I am sure most of you would agree with me on last years results.

Cheers

Prim

• Former MPS3 Driver!
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 17y 8m 7d

its NOT a bloody conspiracy......

the 2006 season is over.....

we should all move on......

I think the arguement that Expensive Daewoo has an unfair advantage, as stated by 01txr, was also discredited by 01txr when he said Lowndes won more races last year.....

we didnt win the championship, if Ford spends its time whining over last years mess in the final round, we wont win this year....

bathurst has always been the benchmark race of the season....Ford rarely get beaten by faster Holdens, Ford gets beaten by inferior reliability.....how many times have we been in the lead, to only break something mid-race, I guess that's Holdens fault as well.....

why make ourselves sound like a bunch of sooks......

support the blue oval till the end, isnt that what a true supporter does??

makes winning sweeter when it comes thru adversity IMO

• Former MPS3 Driver!
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 17y 8m 7d

:drool: at least now I can really voice my opinion on this........

by the time FBI comes back, I'll be long gone, muhahaha

• Member For: 17y 9m 8d

Whats this stuff I have heard about that the ve has been cut and shut having 93mm taken out of it which apparently is suppose to give them better weight balance with better turn in.

Also I have heard that they have also taken the height out of the roof as well to give it a better aero shape.

I though you had to leave the body/shell as per same as it came from factory.

How come they are allowed to do this, maybe another financial agreement.

The other knight I was catching up on some reading of my collection of AUSTRALIAN MUSCLE CAR issue 30

reading about how Ford withdrew the xD racecar as they where under the impression that gmh was going to bend the rules to suit there new crummy.

So it seems gmh have been dictating the sport for a long time.

It was good though to see Wayne Draper (Ford Design person) go behind Fords back and built the xD race car, he gave Cams the weight for the lightest falcon (taxi ?) which was a rare thing to get one over gmh.

This Wayne Draper risked he career to keep Ford in the sport as if they had found out what he was doing he would have been fired on the spot.

And yes Iam passionate about Ford getting screwed over by gmh all the time with there cheating ways.

So name how many times Ford have failed to finish due to vehicle failure's.

I suppose you call Longhurst getting taken out by a back running crummy with a few laps from the finish a vehicle failure?

Funny how that kept all footage of the incidence quite.

Wake up and smell the truth of what goes on.

Ford have been disadvantaged by the rules and parity for years with gmh dictating the whole show.

• Member For: 18y 1m 18d

Sorry Laner, but you obviously haven't been following the sport, or the subsequent swing to Expensive Daewoo in sales.

To deny the ovious rule advantages HRT/HSV have been afforded over the years is just plain ignorance. The fact Ford has managed some sucess is just testimate to who really produces the best race package. Don't forget that Ford didn't have any sucess until the AU aero dissadvantage was corrected. Right now, because of this silly project blueprint rule, the cars are almost all the same, however, there are 4 cars out there allowed twice the amount of testing as everyone else, and it shows in the results. The only real differences in the cars now is set-up, therefore, the extra testing is a massive advantage.

Don't you think it strange that the very four cars involved in the ownership scandal, just so happen the be dominating the series, and the only 4 Holdens in the top 12!??

Do you also fail to see that since the formation of the V8 series there have been continual rule advantages for the Holdens, that Holden's racing sucess since the V8 series has been directly in line with their market sucess (even with inferior products).

I've said for a while now that Ford would be far more sensible pulling their funding out of the V8 circus and go to a series that is fair. Something like a properly governed production series where all of the companies can compete with all of their products. It has a much wider appeal. It will also mean that our local manufacturers will be putting real engineering into their products so that they can compete. If Expensive Daewoo then wins, good, as long as it is fair.

And before you say production cars won't be as popular, the only reason V8 Supercircus is so popular is because of the promoting and marketing. Do the same for any other series and the results will be seen.

• Member For: 17y 5m 27d
its NOT a bloody conspiracy......

the 2006 season is over.....

we should all move on......

I think the arguement that Expensive Daewoo has an unfair advantage, as stated by 01txr, was also discredited by 01txr when he said Lowndes won more races last year.....

we didnt win the championship, if Ford spends its time whining over last years mess in the final round, we wont win this year....

bathurst has always been the benchmark race of the season....Ford rarely get beaten by faster Holdens, Ford gets beaten by inferior reliability.....how many times have we been in the lead, to only break something mid-race, I guess that's Holdens fault as well.....

why make ourselves sound like a bunch of sooks......

support the blue oval till the end, isnt that what a true supporter does??

makes winning sweeter when it comes thru adversity IMO

Mach 16 2007

>> Ford man clarifies racing attitude

Ford motorsport manager Ray Price has been quick this week to add some perspective to the company's Australian boss Tom Gorman's latest remarks that could have been interpreted, at the extreme, to mean that the Blue Oval was contemplating a pull-out from V8 Supercar racing.

Price says Gorman's remarks are an indication that the company will review how it spends its motorsport budget, rather than it not having a budget to spend.

Price says the development of a racing version of the new model Falcon to be released next year should be seen as a sign that Ford isn't intending to withdraw from racing.

"Our commitment is rock solid," Price has told Auto Action. "If there were ever a time that we would doubt our involvement it is now ? and that isn't happening.

"We're going through a changing time in the automotive industry, but that doesn't mean we can just stop our participation in motorsport. What we need to do is some adjustment (of spending) ? and the adjustment will be the part that we look at."