Ford Flags V8 Supercar Belt-tightening

f-wolf

• Member For: 17y 9m 8d

This is useless tmac450 it's like trying to tell a 2 year old how to do his shoe lace up.

So has anyone got anyting on how the ve has been cut and shut to make it a better handling car than what it should based on the production chassis platform.

Imagine if Ford cut and shut the Falcon to make it a better handling car.

Do you think the governing bodies would allow Ford to do like wise? Don't think so.

True supporter would not turn a blind eye to hrt/toss racing tactics to being a race winner.

Motorsport is orsm but if your opponent is allowed to dictate the rules to suit there team and cars it destroys the whole thing, and once the unknown public become aware of it they to also lose interest in it as well.

gmh is destroying a good show.

And as tmac450 said if production was promoted as well it would more than likely do better as if you remember where it all started from and how the big f500 cars with all there power and speed loss out to production car racing as it did not relate as well to the pulic.

I wouldn't mind betting if production cars where promoted it may do the same.

It would be a lot cheaper to run for teams as well.

Just look at DJR at present I think they are in the process of selling out to a f3 pommy team.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sucker
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 20y 5m 27d

I agree with the sentiment of your posts buddy, but what's the point getting worked up about it?

Can appreciate your passion but venting in here won't change anything. For most (myself included) it's just easier to accept things the way they are and get on with life. :roflmbo:

It still is an entertaining series to watch IMHO regardless of all the political crap that goes on behind the scenes.

• Former MPS3 Driver!
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 17y 8m 7d

ok, ok, I give in........

we should all be grown up men, learn to tie our shoelaces, not disagree with anyone...

AND SPIT THE DUMMY WHENEVER OUR SIDE LOSES!!!!!

I'm taking my bat and ball, and I'm leaving this thread to the whingers :roflmbo:

• Member For: 18y 1m 18d
I agree with the sentiment of your posts buddy, but what's the point getting worked up about it?

Can appreciate your passion but venting in here won't change anything. For most (myself included) it's just easier to accept things the way they are and get on with life. :roflmbo:

It still is an entertaining series to watch IMHO regardless of all the political crap that goes on behind the scenes.

Unfortunatly, keeping it to ourselves is exactly what has let it get out of hand in the first place.

• Member For: 17y 6m 7d

Yep Expensive Daewoo sure do dominate this years season, at the moment and what really catches my eye is how the Toll HSV cars seem to be the only holdens winning races and speeding ahead of the pack. I really think there is something different about those cars, not just different setup, but some kind of unfair advantage, cause not even the other VE's can keep up with them (sounds a bit fishy to me). Anyway its probably something that will be realised by the governing bodies at the end of the season, when its to late, like usual.

Ford really cops alot of slack from Expensive Daewoo and despite the unfair advantages, I give them recognition for hanging in there and keeping the fans happy.

Cheers

Prim

• Member For: 17y 9m 8d

Not getting worked up, don't really care if you want to be blind to the facts.

I have with many others expressed my feelings with gmh's tactics for years even while we where winning.

Have you guys even read anything on here and found evidence of what both me and tmac450 have been trying to get accross.

The ignorance of people is the problem why gmh/hrt/toss get away with dictating the rules along with the available info that is given out. (yes I know there is a lot of secrets in motorsport but letting gmh cheat is wrong)

If Ford and the Ford race teams made a stand things would be made a lot more even on the track.

Along with fan support, not loyal fans turning a blind eye.

If you call yourselfs loyal supporters to Ford than along with other Ford owners should stand up for the brand and not allow gmh to dictate the sport.

I feel this is the best place to start as it's a Ford site and if people joined together things happen.

I have found people that useually don't agree with whats being written are those x gmh owners that have turned to Ford due to this orsm Turbo Ford with it's easy power upgrades being available, but once gmh makes a better car (If they could make a fuel flap that doesn't fall off first :roflmbo: ) they will bag the crap out of the turbo Falcon.

Is this where you tab and laner come from?

Gee I used my first emoticon, that still doesn't mean I am getting emotional over this subject.

• Former MPS3 Driver!
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 17y 8m 7d

I know I said I was leaving this thread, BUT......

I can finally say it, 01txr, your wrong....always been a FORD fan, my mothers maiden name is FORD ffs.....

the fact is, we arent winning, my logic says that's f*cked, it also says, whining on the internet wont make a single difference.

as Tab hinted before, suck it up and move on, its only a sport, there's bigger things to waste your time crying about :stupid:

• No boost, no bottle, just my foot on the throttle!
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 20y 8m 8d

:laughing:

Please keep personal comments out of this.

Personally I have given up watching the racing as it is boring now.

I would rather watch speedweek and see some real racing. GT Production, Sports Sedans & Future racers are more interesting and fairer than the V8Holdencars racing series.

Yes I am disgusted by CAMS/TEGA/AVESCO in the way this series has been run and believe they should go back to Group C rules.

This would mean we would get more variety of cars and they would be worked with big tyres and aero.

As for bitching about how unfair the current series is, Tell someone who will do something about it.

• Sucker
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 20y 5m 27d

My sincere apologies for calling you a mother*beep* 01txr, apparently that's offensive :blush:

Nobody insinuates I'm a Expensive Daewoo lover and gets away with it though :roflmbo:

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 21y 2m 28d
:laughing:

Please keep personal comments out of this.

Personally I have given up watching the racing as it is boring now.

I would rather watch speedweek and see some real racing. GT Production, Sports Sedans & Future racers are more interesting and fairer than the V8Holdencars racing series.

Yes I am disgusted by CAMS/TEGA/AVESCO in the way this series has been run and believe they should go back to Group C rules.

This would mean we would get more variety of cars and they would be worked with big tyres and aero.

As for bitching about how unfair the current series is, Tell someone who will do something about it.

I still watch,but without becoming emotional about it.I guess I'll watch any form of motor racing if its available.I do agree with you though, in everthing else you've said.