Rebuilding Zf's

CSV_LS1

• Member For: 9y 10m 8d

Very Unprofessional is all I can say. Simon at Nizpro was very informative about exactly what they will do with the box breakage percentages how itll shift ect ect. But wouldn't warrant the box unless they tuned it OR tune it through someone that has done their tuning course. Quoted me $1150 to tune the engine and $800 to tune the box if they build it and fit it. So $10,000+ drive in drive away with what they call a stage 2 box . Will have to finish building my car but leave stock injectors in it change them in their driveway and that's after traveling 1000km to get there. If anything goes wrong I have to travel all the way back there.

Ill just have to be patient with CMS to get more stock. Im pretty sure Joe knows how much oil will go in it LMAO.

• Member For: 9y 10m 8d

I might drop in tomoz and put a deposit down. Was supposed to come in today to pick up injectors but Im scratching my head for 2 days now front end disassembled wondering how to fit the ic without chopping into the body. Its doing my head in. How did this car 3 weeks ago when I purchased it go from a gearbox diff transfer engine oil change to buying ID1000 injectors an X4 an IC E85 suitable pump rebuilding the box bigger valve springs Air pod 4 inch dump 20" wheels faaaaaark... Turbo has a bit of play in it so am looking at an upgrade??? And I was just looking at H beam rods and forges!!! Maybe that's why they don't sell ppl in Sydney boxes.. We do blow em up.. Any links to billet CV joints??? 1 of them has a split boot.. Looks like they need upgrading.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • Member For: 14y 8m 10d

Anyone got a built zf box for sale or exchange? Mine is in need of an upgrade as its on 444rwkw and don't want to blow it. Id rather change it before it goes.

• 10 months later...
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 19y 8m 23d

Pulling my trans out at the end of the month and getting a 6R80 hybrid built.

I've always wondered how many of these ZF rebuilders have had contact with Hans-Peter Bach of ZF when modifying the 6HP26. It's an old transmission now and ZF would not be doing any further development on them. Surely there'd be a lot of info available.

Edited by M6 XR6T

• Waiting for the 1st N/A 12!
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 7m 16d

yes mate see pics below:-

Any bigger pump along with some other differences. The back half of the 6HP26 though is stronger then the 6R80 hence why the hybrid box is killer.

vCM6MLk.jpg?1mn1W7UR.jpg?1

• Like 2