Rebuilding Zf's

CSV_LS1

• 1 month later...
  • Member For: 21y 5m 28d

Here is a link regarding ZF6hp26 spare parts and a thread on stripping it down. Quite a simple trans to work on

http://akpp.site-demo.pro/pdf/6HP26-28_Catalog.pdf

http://www.rangerovers.net/forum/6-range-rover-mark-iii-l322/44034-zf-6hp26-teardown.html

If anyone knows of any other info to assist rebuild and modification tricks please post

• Like 3

• 1 year later...
  • Member For: 9y 10m 8d

Had to BUMP this thread. Everyday gearbox builders are coming up with new components and modifications. Iv only spoken to Joe @ CMS about building a box for my TTG. Quoted me $7k and is saying that's the minimum Ill have to spend drive in drive out with warranty. At the moment Im only chasing around 350awkw. Its not a lot of power but traction of an all wheel drive plus the extra weight of a TT has been explained to me that I must run custom billet shafts. TT come out with 4:11 so a lot of stress is taken off the box. Its an everydayer. Theres nothing wrong with the box that's in it at the moment but I like prevention. Any suggestions who to speak to would be much appreciated

• in the mid....not the bum like some
  • Member For: 11y 5m 4d

XFT and Nizpro are well proven to make a strong box and def my pick of the bunch trying to nail the ZF market.

Over 150mph from the XFT ZF and Circle D converter in a heavy car.

CMS have a new shaft out and by all CMS customer reports is very good but nowhere near proven like the others.

• Like 1

Thanks guys Ill ring both and see what they can do for me. Worst time of yr for this kind of stuff. Joe told me he has a new shaft made but couldn't tell me when they'll be in stock. His pretty much sold whats on order already.

Flick an email to Monsta Torque and see what they can offer on the box build.

Just got off the phone to Monsta Torque. Bloke I spoke to asked where Im ringing from I said Sydney and said he wont do me a box!!! I asked why and he said people in Sydney have given us nothing but trouble, their not putting enough oil in them blowing them up or pulling them apart to see what we're doing to them. I told him mate Im just a private person trying to build a car for the Mrs so its reliable so Ill send you a box to suit rebuild. I cant drive all the way there and I cant afford the car to be off the rd. He asked whos tunning it and I said Joe from CMS. He said we send our boxes to QLD to get built and we just came back from their after having a big meeting with 2 companies and you ppl from Sydney give us nothing but trouble!!! I said well mate can you suggest someone? He said no! Have a good day and hung up on me!! WTF??? Is there something Im missing here???

• Manual mode ________________________ All day, erryday
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 10m 3d

Jees, you Sydney people, when will you learn.

PS ouch

• Like 2