Electric Water Pumps?

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Member For: 16y 7m 30d

I have worked on several cars with the Davis Craig EWP's fitted.

one such car gained 5kw (at the wheels) with the EWP fitted and the belt removed from the OEM water pump, which was still in the standard location. this car is about to get the water pump totally removed and plated off.

they are as reliable, if not more so, than the belt that drives the OEM water pump. so to say they're going to fail is a cop out, infact it's more like people skying away from the advances of modern technology. people who dont try them will never know how good they really are!

bottom line the EWP by Davis Craig are good units, and I recommend them.

• FORD FORD FORD
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 21y 6m 4d

I ran an electric water pump on the 460 that I had in my '80 Fairlane some years back, not for the horsepower benefit, more for the fact that if I left it for a short while once hot it was a pig when I restarted it, plus I had belts everywhere as I was running twin 140amp alternators for the stereo, thermo's, twin fuel pumps and all the elec BS that Fairlane's have.

It was set up to run on a single V belt the standard pump, the thermo switch for the fans also shut down the pump once everything had cooled off, it only took a couple of minutes to cool it all back down.

I never had any issues with it and it was a fantastic benefit for that set up, nowadays there are ewp for all types of engines, so do it I reckon!!

• Member For: 20y 3m 18d
I have worked on several cars with the Davis Craig EWP's fitted.

one such car gained 5kw (at the wheels) with the EWP fitted and the belt removed from the OEM water pump, which was still in the standard location. this car is about to get the water pump totally removed and plated off.

they are as reliable, if not more so, than the belt that drives the OEM water pump. so to say they're going to fail is a cop out, infact it's more like people skying away from the advances of modern technology. people who dont try them will never know how good they really are!

bottom line the EWP by Davis Craig are good units, and I recommend them.

I am sure they have a certain reliability.However they are sold with figures on the lifespan .For me I would need to replace it every 2 years as advised by the sales lady from their company..Yes I do alot of driving.

I do know that removing the long belt to short belt on many cars does give similar power results as you have mentioned.

Edited by useless

• 11 months later...
  • Sandtrap Motorsport
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 9m 27d

bump old topic. but better than making a new topic

so does anybody have a photo of the Craig Davies EWP bolted up?

im needing an EWP for my Barra drag motor, due to wanting minimum belt pulleys (only one im retaining is alternator)

• 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...