Reverse Gear Selection - Manual 6 Speed

dolbs

• Member For: 17y 6m 26d

Hi

I am a newbe to the forum and although I searched the site I may have missed soething so please excuse me if I have.

I have recently had a custom CAPA tune done to my 6 speed manual ute and find that since the CAPA custom flash I am having trouble selecting reverse gear. It takes a hugh amount of effort to "break" though the gate and get it into reverse. Is there something wrong with the flash job that has caused the problem? Any advice would be great as my wife could not possibly select reverse like it is now.

Thanks everyone in advance.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Member For: 19y 6m 9d

I have never heard of the flash affecting the manual box in any way. I suggest that you flash back to standard - see if is the same, and if it is - take it back to Ford and have it fixed under warranty.

• www.australianflag.org.au
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 19y 2m 15d

Mate

I cannot see how the edit can effect a manual gearbox, There must be another cause, may I suggest flashing back to stock and taking it to Ford if it is warranty.

Scotty

• Member For: 17y 8m 1d

The exact same thing happened with my 6sp after the CAPA Flash.. Selecting reverse was very difficult and painful as I had to slap the stick hard over to get reverse.. Returning to the standard tune made the problem vanish, but it would return as soon as you flashed again.. The problem went away after I got custom dynotuned..

Cheers.

Edited by Dagabond

• Sucker
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 20y 5m 7d

Jetute had the same thing, was from a 5-speed based edit tune rather than a 6-speed :blink:

Was hilarious at the time watching the poor bastard trying to find the correct tune so he could reverse out of the carpark :roflmbo:

• Mmmmm......BOOST
  • Member For: 17y 5m 5d

I know its off topic but just noticed tabs team lemming sign have a corner on a local road officially named by local council lemmings corner because every poor bastard falls off it first time they come across it

• Mmmmm......BOOST
  • Member For: 17y 5m 5d

you say its a custom tune did you actually have it tuned at capa on their dyno or is it a generic program put into box and loaded by yourself

if its actually a custom tune done at capa take it straight back and get it checked out