N/a Zorst Size

ryansxr6

• Member For: 17y 8m 21d

hey guys getting my zorst for the xr and was wondering what you think would be better 2.5 inch or the 3 inch from jmm? I want to pull high figures in the end and have something that will help me get down the strip faster so loosing som low down power is not the biggest issue?

• Hench, but no longer shredded or tanned.
  • Member For: 17y 6m 8d

I think with the 3inch there wouldnt be enough back pressure so it would actually make the car preform worse

• Member For: 17y 9m 8d

I think with the 3inch there wouldnt be enough back pressure so it would actually make the car preform worse

That will be true if no mods are performed, many NA6 owners are putting Turbo twin 2.25" systems on their cars and are happy with sound and performance, although they are probably missing some low down power. I have a 2.5" single system and have no complaints, but I am thinking a 3" single would be the way to go now.

• Hench, but no longer shredded or tanned.
  • Member For: 17y 6m 8d
don't mean to hi-jack but if you are going 2.5 is it sure thing to get a mandrel bent system?

Yeah for sure, mandrel bent is the way to go :verysad:

• Member For: 17y 8m 13d

It depends what you are planning to do. If you're only doing a few little mods like F6 snorkels and a tune then I would go the 2.5" system. If you are drag racing then the first mod youd want is 4.11s, which on an N/A with a 3" would more than compensate for the loss down low.

For optimum benefit of a 3" I'd want 4.11s with a hi stall if auto, and a minimum of an edit, CAI of some description. Underdrives would also be beneficial too. But as mentioned before, drag racing, go the 3" but make sure you get 4.11s and a good tune as well or you will go no where.

Edited by Strangled Cat

You'd want to go all out to need a 3" system. It would be good to go 3" after about 210rwkw, the drown would be my worry about a system the size of 3".

Since we'll soon see if 210rwkw can be gained N/A witha 2 1/2" I'd leave the 3" alone.

• Member For: 17y 8m 21d

thnks guys for clearing that up I was thinking about doing zorst and headers, underdrives I have done an intake alllready. custom tune spark plugs and leads and maybe diff gear change not sore though because I have an lsd on mine alreasy so not sure. but the zorst is one of the mods I want to do know so ill just get a 2.5 for now thanks