apac77

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Great rack
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 21y 5m 24d

Hey Steevo, what sort of noise did you start hearing..................my car has had a "grinding" kind of sound on switch-off since about 20,000k's has now done about 80,000 just out of warranty. I don't think my noise is getting worse though......god I hope not!! :wtcjerkit:

Mark.

• Member For: 18y 7m 15d

I guess the first noise I first noticed was after I turned off my car I'd hear a slight grinding sound as you said below. And then in the last week and a half that grinding sound got quite a bit louder, and then I even started hearing it when I turned on my car. The about a week ago my car stopped boosting up and I drove it home from where I was and drove it once more for like 10km at da most, and I guess the bearing must have got off centered and caused the wheel to become off centered and now it sounds like a high pitch grinding sound when I drive the car and when it boosts up.

My advise is change your oil guys after 5k, not after 15000k. I changed mine at around 17k, but that was enough for the damage to be done.....and now I'm searching for a turbo...

Stevo

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 21y 8m 27d
I guess the first noise I first noticed was after I turned off my car I'd hear a slight grinding sound as you said below. And then in the last week and a half that grinding sound got quite a bit louder, and then I even started hearing it when I turned on my car. The about a week ago my car stopped boosting up and I drove it home from where I was and drove it once more for like 10km at da most, and I guess the bearing must have got off centered and caused the wheel to become off centered and now it sounds like a high pitch grinding sound when I drive the car and when it boosts up.

My advise is change your oil guys after 5k, not after 15000k. I changed mine at around 17k, but that was enough for the damage to be done.....and now I'm searching for a turbo...

Stevo

I'm curious why you recommend 5k when you only changed your oil every 17k :wtcjerkit:

If you use good synthetic oil, 10 - 15k is safe for normal driving, but if it's hot or you thrash the car, then more frequent changes are required.

If you heard something was on it's way out, why did you drive the car? :wackit:

I'm curious why you recommend 5k when you only changed your oil every 17k :wtcjerkit:

If you use good synthetic oil, 10 - 15k is safe for normal driving, but if it's hot or you thrash the car, then more frequent changes are required.

If you heard something was on it's way out, why did you drive the car? :wackit:

I just got a bit lazy cuz I always dropped oil out at 5k, but you know kids and stuff, work busy busy....

Word of advice, don't neglect these cars at all and drop that oil every 5k....

Im guessing he has learnt from his mistake....