Tune After X Force

01txr

• Member For: 17y 8m 16d

Hi

I would like to know how my tune maybe affected since I have fitted a X force system.

Not ready for tune as wanting to fit a shorter intake track first and maybe purchase a Xcal 2.

Car had the center muff removed prior to fitting X force, nizpro valve springs, walbro pump, hi flowed injectors and made 270rwkw hi oct tune and 250rwkw on soft tune both @ 12psi.

Soft tune recorded mid 11 AFR's don't know hi oct AFR's.

Car is 2003 may sedan 5sp manual.

I have noticed it is making alot more power as it wheels spins 1st as soon as boost comes on and 2nd is on the edge pending road surface.

Iam running 265 wide 19 Nankangs.

Before this X Force exhaust was fitted it was doing same in first as what it is doing now in 2nd.

Would this be close to its max with this system fitted now or would a retune extract a bit more?

Also made a 307 VE R8 look like a HSV (Expensive Daewoo Slow Vehicle) today, what a buzz.

Tried run through in 2nd on me at 60kph, I slammed 2nd with near instant rev limiter, hit 3rd pulled more than 2 car lengths before even getting to rev limit then braked.

And that was with air con on, he may have to as his windows where up.

Edited by 01txr

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 1m 9d

Im no expert but you should gain more once tuned so be prepared for more wheel spining lol.... HAHA love the story of the VE

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 21y 3m 3d

Based on my experience, a tune may be in order.

My previous tune was made with a large dump pipe, cat and cetre muffler replacement. I had a 3.5" single Xforce fitted and it affected both boost and AFR's. Power was down a little as well.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 17y 5m 30d

I put a xfoce 3 1/2" system on mine the had to drive 140km to get tuned you have to watch it as your boost will climb to nearly 20 psi get it tuned asap youll love the diffrence mine is now 330rwkw bf xr6t :blush:

• Member For: 17y 8m 16d

Just hooked up boost gauge.

Boost is 12 psi.

When it is just warmed up and first WOT the boost is hitting 15psi and drops back to 12psi quickly.

Boost readings are from BOV hose at x over, and gauge is a brand new cobolt Autometer.

It doesn't ping or do anything stupid eg flat spots surging, but it does seem to be running rough at idle when cold but as soon as it reaches temp it settles nicely.

• Member For: 20y 4m 4d
Hi

I would like to know how my tune maybe affected since I have fitted a X force system.

Not ready for tune as wanting to fit a shorter intake track first and maybe purchase a Xcal 2.

Car had the center muff removed prior to fitting X force, nizpro valve springs, walbro pump, hi flowed injectors and made 270rwkw hi oct tune and 250rwkw on soft tune both @ 12psi.

Soft tune recorded mid 11 AFR's don't know hi oct AFR's.

Car is 2003 may sedan 5sp manual.

I have noticed it is making alot more power as it wheels spins 1st as soon as boost comes on and 2nd is on the edge pending road surface.

Iam running 265 wide 19 Nankangs.

Before this X Force exhaust was fitted it was doing same in first as what it is doing now in 2nd.

Would this be close to its max with this system fitted now or would a retune extract a bit more?

Also made a 307 VE R8 look like a HSV (Expensive Daewoo Slow Vehicle) today, what a buzz.

Tried run through in 2nd on me at 60kph, I slammed 2nd with near instant rev limiter, hit 3rd pulled more than 2 car lengths before even getting to rev limit then braked.

And that was with air con on, he may have to as his windows where up.

just throw it on the dyno some where, some boost high, some are not so bad, but a quick dyno run will will check it all, and you might be able to leave it for a while, but its better to be safe then sorry.