Make An Xt A Little Faster

Boydietheone

• Member For: 18y 8m 28d

True with the mods I mention in an N/A your looking at 14.5 a little better maybe on a good day if your lucky. But it stays pure N/A as opposed to forced. When it comes to bang for buck Turbo is without equal. But I just choose to mod my N/A but im sure not pushing the angle it makes more economic sense to do so than modding a T.

• Member For: 20y 8m 25d

This thread has caught my interest.

Is 180rwkw really that easy to make?

Ive got a BA motor in my EA atm and all the gear to turbo it but hearing these stories makes me want to run it NA first and run a 13 or 2. There are only a handful of Falcon NA 6's in the 13's at the moment. It would be a good to be a part of it.

180 to 190 rwkw is very easy, going over the 200 rwkw mark will be just another bolt on soon, when we have 200 rwkw for less than $4000 a rise of 70 rwkw from stock these will be some of the cheapest to mod Aussie build Cars ever.

For startes an F6 CAI (behind the headlight) & F6 or BF XR8 upper snorkel which is larger. K & N panel filter. 20% Under Drives contact NOSXR on here he arranged them for me at a good price. If a little more serious Paccie Comps Magnaflow 3' Metal Core Cat - Performance exhaust Capa Flash Tuner & Custom Tune. That should give you around the 185rwkw plus.

Well im up to 161.2 rwkw with just F6 CAI & 20% underdrives

BA MkII XT6 NA Auto

exhaust, cat,headers & custom tune to come.

Ute002.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • Member For: 17y 4m 17d

I was thinking of making a bulk lot of air boxes for the barra182 if anyone is interested.. I think there are some out there for the 3v but not the barra?

Well im up to 161.2 rwkw with just F6 CAI & 20% underdrives

BA MkII XT6 NA Auto

exhaust, cat,headers & custom tune to come.

Don't forget the tune mate, you should see over the 190rwkw mark.

Pic's BA XTC, what will these air boxes look like?

Edited by NOS XR

• 3 weeks later...
For startes an F6 CAI (behind the headlight) & F6 or BF XR8 upper snorkel which is larger. K & N panel filter. 20% Under Drives contact NOSXR on here he arranged them for me at a good price. If a little more serious Paccie Comps Magnaflow 3' Metal Core Cat - Performance exhaust Capa Flash Tuner & Custom Tune. That should give you around the 185rwkw plus.

Well im upto 183.7rwkw with the above mods (mine in Auto BA MkII XR6 NA)

with the above mods and custom tune. The differance with how hard it pulls on the road exceeds my expectations though. So what of have spent so far just under $2500 grand all up in mods plus my new car in Oct 05 driveaway price $31K Total (new car & mods)$33.5k I have the power of stock turbo but insurance & fuel bill of a XR6 NA.

XR6SystemHPT.jpg

Edited by MoreHPformyXR6

That dyno sheet tells the whole story to date, but theres the coils to come and some of us are looking at head porting, good thing on their way before the end of the year.

MoreHPformyXR6 is that print out with the headers and exhaust?

What about doing a Mock stall converter, it may kill the rwkw numbers but .3 down the 1/4 faster.

Wish I had an auto, I'd be in the low 14's now.

Edited by NOS XR

That dyno sheet tells the whole story to date, but theres the coils to come and some of us are looking at head porting, good thing on their way before the end of the year.

MoreHPformyXR6 is that print out with the headers and exhaust?

What about doing a Mock stall converter, it may kill the rwkw numbers but .3 down the 1/4 faster.

Wish I had an auto, I'd be in the low 14's now.

Hey Greg

Yest mate zorst & headers.