Make An Xt A Little Faster

Boydietheone

• Member For: 19y 5m 2d

Hey guys,

I haven't been on here for ages and the since being on here I have picked myself up a cheap as xt as I cant afford a T and the XT was a bargain!!!

Just wondering what are some cheap start off mods to do to the XT to make her a little bit quicker?

Im gettin and exhaust for it, any ideas what I should get?

Cheers!

Boydie

04 XT, Blue, XR8 17's, bog standard.

• Iconoclast
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 20y 8d

Have a look on the capa site they have heaps of mods for the barra motor....

I know there are a few here with NA's getting decent power from a six also..... Check the NA threads

• Member For: 18y 8m 28d

For startes an F6 CAI (behind the headlight) & F6 or BF XR8 upper snorkel which is larger. K & N panel filter. 20% Under Drives contact NOSXR on here he arranged them for me at a good price. If a little more serious Paccie Comps Magnaflow 3' Metal Core Cat - Performance exhaust Capa Flash Tuner & Custom Tune. That should give you around the 185rwkw plus.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 1m 15d

Damn... I thought it was easy gettin power out of a T but that is awsome from a N/A... My VS had alot of goodies and only managed 140rwkw's....

BTW my T had 184rwkw stock!

With almost the same set up as MoreHPformyXR6 said above in his post, I have C&V's rollers spinning at 187rwkw Under Drive, Filter, exhaust and tune = 185+ without the fuel bill and the over heating on track days.

Very soon we'll be able to add a couple more after market parts to that list and say 5 mods = over 200rwkw.

I think you could get away very soon under $5000 for over 200rwkw I'll do the umber and let you know just how much it should cost. BTW Ive spent a hell of a lot more than that to find these mods, but that's F'N around with cars for you.

• Member For: 20y 27d

a local boy here in town just dyno'd his xt, only mods were Turbo upper intake snorkel, K&N filter, pacies and a redback system using STOCK cat.

it pulled 155rwkw NO EDIT.

not to shabby for a little XT, and sounds pretty nice too with the redback system. its got a nice quiet yet deep burble like a T kinda.

155 rwkw with those mods is right on the money, I sat around that power for a long time, under drive and tune will add about 25 rwkw to that number.

I had a think about the cost of 185rwkw paying retail it would cost about $3200.

Between 200 rwkw and 220 rwkw should cost only about $5000.

135 rwkw to 220 rwkw for $5000 is very cheap in my eyes and doing it my way would see large power gains from low to high rev's not like some tuners who sell kits that are dog boxes down low.

Edited by NOS XR

• Member For: 18y 8m 28d
With almost the same set up as MoreHPformyXR6 said above in his post, I have C&V's rollers spinning at 187rwkw Under Drive, Filter, exhaust and tune = 185+ without the fuel bill and the over heating on track days.

Very soon we'll be able to add a couple more after market parts to that list and say 5 mods = over 200rwkw.

I think you could get away very soon under $5000 for over 200rwkw I'll do the umber and let you know just how much it should cost. BTW Ive spent a hell of a lot more than that to find these mods, but that's F'N around with cars for you.

Like NOSXR said he made 187rwkw with nearly the exact set up I recommended. I made 150.1rwkw with my BA XR6 NA Auto on Henrich Perfomances Dyno stock apart from F6 CAI & k&n panel filter. Ive since fotted under drives and will have it re-dynoed 27/4 I hoping for a 9rwkw gain.

Then by end of May I will have Paccie Comps 4495 HPC coated, Magnaflow 3' Metal Core Cat, XR6T exhaust & a custom tune for my capa edit. (some of the parts below I have already such as edit & cat yet to be fitted) Im aiming for 190rwkw plus with this set up. For a total cost parts and labour of less than $2500max. I was lucky as got new CAPA flash tuner for $500 which helped costings. I also havent paid any labour thanks Andrew.

Edited by MoreHPformyXR6

• Member For: 20y 4m 9d

I have a turbo kit, wack that on and you could have a fast car, bit more at the start, but the extra torque you get over a n/a is masive.

all these things done to a n/a, gets you a high - mid 14 in a n/a

but put a turbo kit on for about $2900.00 and tune and it is a low 13 sec car, still mild.

David