Aftermarket Replacement Of The Oem Bov

J2Racing

• Member For: 17y 5m 19d

hi guys, having a bit of trouble here, im getting my new xr6t in august, and lets just say the car is technically owned by my employer with me driving it, sort of a salary sacrifice lease program, because of this they whinge if you mod anything at all on it, im wanting to run an aftermarket atmo bov on it, but dont want to go to all the hassle of changing the pipe and removing the original one every time it goes in for service, is there any bov that you know of that is a direct replacement of the factory one, which will atmo vent? Hopefully by doing this, it would be a simple job to change back to the factory one, when servicing time comes around.

Thanks in advance for any info/advice you can give.... I tried the search function, but came up with nothing

• Moar Powar Babeh
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 18y 11m 27d

Turbosmart have an atmo/plumback adjustable bov in there Kompact series. Its designed to the the xr6t's.

www.turbosmart.com.au/index.php?id=44

There pretty expensive for little performance gain tho...

• Member For: 18y 5m 29d
There pretty expensive for little performance gain though...

Don't you mean 0 performance gain

J2: GFB make a quality range of blow of valves to suit these cars also

p.s Do not bother with the Autotecnica Monza BOV...I can't work out how it happens, but they leak :stirthepot:

• Member For: 17y 5m 19d
Don't you mean 0 performance gain

J2: GFB make a quality range of blow of valves to suit these cars also

p.s Do not bother with the Autotecnica Monza BOV...I can't work out how it happens, but they leak :cleanhouse:

Lol, its autotechnica, enuf said! maybe one of the Kompact ones would be a good one to go for, I know there is no performance gain from a bov, but that's not what im after, going from 156kw@fly at the moment to 245kw@fly in the new T will be enuf performance gain for me... as for price, not that fussed, I have til august until the T arrives, more than enough time to get one.

• 1 month later...