Line Level Converters

RUS531

• Member For: 17y 5m 17d

Heya.. :spoton:

This is my first post guys.. A little bit of an intro.. I have my share of cars xrT, xr8 etc, and am about to take delivery of a new EGO BF2 XR6.. Im looking into the stereo side of things also.. Ive ordered Premium Sound and am going to upgrade with amps etc.. I hear that the best solution is the new Rockford Fosgate units, 3sixty.1 and the 3sixty.2 bout $500 & $1000 respectively check them out here at the Rockford site.

RockfordWebsite

Hope that link works....

The guys here in Perth rave about them, apparently no car noise etc..

Hope this helps in case you haven't heard of these units..

Look forward to many posts ahead.. CHEERS!

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• RUS531
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 1m 10d

hey thanks for the pics spine :msm:

bf sleeper, I like the idea of the 3sixty but I don't have a pda with bluetooth to utilize all the features, but I do agree they are a awsome system

p.s welcome :pooh:

Thanx..

The shop should set up all the settings for you.. I have heard some guys have played with them themselves from their laptpos too as it has a windows interface aswell.

Another bonus is that whenever you add things or want to change a setting, you dont have to go looking for the unit they can just stand near your car and bring everything up and change whats needed without lifting a screwdriver (no more scratches and worn fittings) OUCH!! :gooff:

We all know there are so many people that dont take enough care of our toys...

I should have one in my car in the next couple of weeks ill let you know how it all goes..

• Member For: 17y 6m 26d

Hey Bfsleepa - I would be interested in hearing your feedback on the unit. I have the Alpine F450 which apparently does not require converters, however I'm sure that my sound quality can better with the use from the inline converters.

Hey Bfsleepa - I would be interested in hearing your feedback on the unit. I have the Alpine F450 which apparently does not require converters, however I'm sure that my sound quality can better with the use from the inline converters.

Sure thing 'ALPHA' I just ordered one from the USA for half the price of AUS.. Should have it fitted soon..

• Member For: 19y 5m 9d

I used a Stinger LOC2 in my Tornado to feed into 2 subs and 2 splits. I then ditched the LOC and went an Eclipse HU and ran the speakers in Active mode.

The difference in quality was amazing. If you can strech it, get an aftermarket HU.

Believe me I'm just as pedantic when it comes to cutting up and drilling holes into my car, but the 'tissue holder' can be removed and deck fitted so no holes can be seen to be drilled if done correctly.

GL mate

Edited by Terebro

• RUS531
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 1m 10d
Thanx..

The shop should set up all the settings for you.. I have heard some guys have played with them themselves from their laptpos too as it has a windows interface aswell.

Another bonus is that whenever you add things or want to change a setting, you dont have to go looking for the unit they can just stand near your car and bring everything up and change whats needed without lifting a screwdriver (no more scratches and worn fittings) OUCH!! :spit:

We all know there are so many people that dont take enough care of our toys...

I should have one in my car in the next couple of weeks ill let you know how it all goes..

Ah this shines a bit of light, I didn't know that they could be used with laptops aswel but now I think of it, why not lol :spoton:

I might have to save my dollars, I would be intrested in hearing some feedback too mate :spit:

• Member For: 17y 5m 11d
In my experience with LLC's you are always better off to grab the signal before you amplify it. The ICC amplifier is quite dirty but the line level signal that the ICC generates is a good flat signal. its only downfall is the low peak to peak output.

its not too hard to modify the ICC to give you line level out.

you can pay someone like ASL to do it for you or if your good with a soldering iron you can have a crack at it yourself as I have done.

Cheers

Troy

Got any pics or links about doing it yourself?