Why Is The Xr6t So Dead Off The Mark?

Chargin

• Large Member
  • Member For: 17y 7m 24d

Heh guess I'm used to the rodeo (tray back) bloody thing spins all over the place all the time, wet or dry, got stuck on a friggin hill in peak hour the other day in bris, started raining and must have been on some oil or something, poor girl behind me must have freaked out. Just had to light them up until then started to grip, took a while though. Went backwards for most of it with about 20 cars behind me :sleepystuff:

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Large Member
  • Member For: 17y 7m 24d

Yeah, you know the toowong area? Miskin street? back of BBC. big bastard hill, stop sign... spells trouble, I usual just go straight through the stop sign (turning left is safe) but I had to stop this time. I have never got so much smoke off these crap factory wheels, melted road and left rubber which is rare in my ute... usually just leave back dust everywhere :P

• Formerly XR6NA
  • Member For: 18y 10m
Heh guess I'm used to the rodeo (tray back) bloody thing spins all over the place all the time, wet or dry, got stuck on a friggin hill in peak hour the other day in bris, started raining and must have been on some oil or something, poor girl behind me must have freaked out. Just had to light them up until then started to grip, took a while though. Went backwards for most of it with about 20 cars behind me  :sleepystuff:

Same with the work van. Just can't get any traction in the wet at all. Had it spinning at 90km/hr up a hill in 3rd when I was probably only moving at about 40km/hr

• Member For: 19y 9m 2d
The standard auto is SLOW to respond.  I've had a couple of moments overtaking where I've had the car in auto, planted boot, and waited while the auto wakes up and has a good think about whether I really wanted 2nd gear.  Wish I had a BF...

Are you sure you put it your foot all the way down? That was one of the things I loved about the car when we took it for a test drive, the kickdown at 90-100kays on the fwy.

Now the car is modded, and the tranny rebuilt, whoa hold on Nelly!

Yeah, most of the time its OK but every now and then the auto gives me 3rd for a second or two and then decides that 2nd gear was what I really wanted.

• Iconoclast
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 20y 3d

Personnaly I am guessing the problem lies hereunder-

When driving an XR6T for the first time some itimidation is immediate, whilst jumping on the peddle may produce no results (drive a stock 5.7 litre) that I would expect to be ordinary, These mtotrs need time to a) spool the turbo, b) get past 3000rpm and then you will loose traction in first, and maybe second dependant upon the car.. Stand on a 285 R8 under 3000rpm and you will not feel a lot, us being turbo owners know about the lag and drive accordingly, can I suggest the following -

The accelerator needs to be squeezed not pushed, optimum revs to do this is around 2300rpm, until you know the vehicle....

To get the thing moving is an art form that lots here have mastered...

It takes balance grasshopper and familiarity, whist may breed complaincency, also breeds a good driver....

Best way I have found to get a T moving is to listen to it... It will teach you what it wants... Just listen...........