Why Is The Xr6t So Dead Off The Mark?

Chargin

• Gold Platinum Member
  • Member For: 20y 3m 4d

They do seem slow off the lights but that is a weight issue mainly I think. They certainly make up for it once you hit about 50km/h.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Member For: 21y 5m 30d
I agree they are a bit slow off the line in just the first meter or so, I've been stung a couple of times by hyundias, lancers, toymotas, etc at the lights......although maybe I shouldnt have been perving on the 'scenery' standing at the crossing and consentrating on the light change.....

Hey Dags,

We've all been there mate!! Nothing worse than having some VL Turbo loser next to you gassing the throttle at the red light and then there also being some awesome eye candy passing by at the same time!!!

Which do I watch?? I wanna teach this little punk a lesson... but... the eye candy.... *drool* haha.

It's a bad scene I know LOL... I'm sure most if not all of the people on this forum know what you mean!

Cheers,

Ross

• Large Member
  • Member For: 17y 7m 24d

Man that's depressing!!!

I've bought my xr6t and am waiting for it to be built (Plates have arrived but no car :blush: ) When I test drove I thought it was awesome, but to hear that a lancer can smoke you off the line is scary!?!?! I just bought something that a 5k rice banger pizza delivering 4 pot bitsash*ty could beat my fresh built turbo 6!

Plus, not that I plan to, but did someone say that they cant smoke their bf auto off the line either?!? I didnt try during the test drive, (even though the guy kept telling me to give it some herbs).

What have I done :blink:

Should I be saving for an edit straight up? or trade it in!!!

Felix

p.s. previous cars in order; fwd corolla --> TD Gemini panel van --> (every Expensive Daewoo produced during 2004, was a Expensive Daewoo new car salesman) --> tradein 4cyl rodeo

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 19y 2m 29d
weight has alot to do with it theyre not light

exactly, weightis a huge reason and also the fact of running a turbo, they only feel doughy off boost because they are so good on boost :blink: .

your charger only spins more because of the lack of rear end grip to a standard XR6 turbo due to there poor rear end and suspension design

• - Track Bound EVO III -
  • Member For: 19y 9m 15d
Unmodded 5.8sec 0-100 not to sluggish I think :blink:

Some people have a different interpretation of 'quick' or 'sluggish..'

( Even with modification )

Just like some people can't understand how a 250rwkw car can smoke a 280rwkw easily.

???

• Sucker
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 20y 5m 5d

They are heavier though buddy.

Corners are a different kettle of fish though...but they've put traction control on them now, so you have to put up with the annoying orange light on the dash when you're having your fun.