Chargin

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sucker
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 20y 5m 5d
I thought that launch technique only worked in the 6 speed auto when you stall it up in 2nd and then change back to first just as you release the brake

You can't start in second in the standard four speed in any case.

Not sure how beneficial it would be with the ZF though due to all the torque tags/fun killers Ford have in them.

• Member For: 19y 9m 2d

The standard auto is SLOW to respond. I've had a couple of moments overtaking where I've had the car in auto, planted boot, and waited while the auto wakes up and has a good think about whether I really wanted 2nd gear. Wish I had a BF...

• CNUTOX
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 21y 8m 24d
The standard auto is SLOW to respond.  I've had a couple of moments overtaking where I've had the car in auto, planted boot, and waited while the auto wakes up and has a good think about whether I really wanted 2nd gear.  Wish I had a BF...

Are you sure you put it your foot all the way down? That was one of the things I loved about the car when we took it for a test drive, the kickdown at 90-100kays on the fwy.

Now the car is modded, and the tranny rebuilt, whoa hold on Nelly!

• Sucker
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 20y 5m 5d

Keep in mind with the BF, there is a detent on the accelerator that if you push past will incite more fun.....as in extend the revs to about 6k when in auto or perf mode.

A few people I’ve spoken to think that’s the limit of the accelerator pedal - but just push the f*cker right to the floor and hold on! :finger:

• - Track Bound EVO III -
  • Member For: 19y 9m 15d

I agree with this dude.. Ititial kick is lack lustre with the T.

NA Falcon, or even a V6 commo has a quicker 'initial response' from pedal input. They are NA, after all.

Even my ute feels 'sluggish' till about 1200rpm..

This could also be attributed to the Fly by wire throttle desing also.

Obviously a modified car will overcome most of these problems..

Having said that, I had a tune from a joint in the Northern suburbs which was sluggish to 4000rpm :roflmbo:

• Bored Member
  • Administrator
  • Member For: 21y 10m 16d

I agree they are a bit slow off the line in just the first meter or so, I've been stung a couple of times by hyundias, lancers, toymotas, etc at the lights......although maybe I shouldnt have been perving on the 'scenery' standing at the crossing and consentrating on the light change.....