Why Is The Xr6t So Dead Off The Mark?

Chargin

• Member For: 18y 2m 29d

Ive driven 2 xrt's and both had nothing when you floor it from anything under 30kph. I have a mid 13 sec charger and if I floor that at any time I get instant power and wheelspin at lower speeds, I can do a nice enough burnout fron a standing start without touching the brake pedal at all.

On a test drive I was doing about 40ks then floored it, first second nothing, second second kicks down gets ready, third second ok lets rock. I did this a few times and its always the same, didnt play with doing it in manual mode on the autos though.

Is this a gearbox issue? Have any of you experienced instant power before? Can it be done in an XR6T? I know its not turbo lag but I was a little disappointed when I planted my foot....

Not dissing the car, Im still keen to get one, just wondering...

Edited by Chargin

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 17y 11m 15d

What transmission was in them? I have the 5-speed manual and if you have it in first and give it the boot it does not hesitate at all to start hauling arse.

EDIT: Sorry, didn't read well enough.

Edited by leigh86

• Im the one and only
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 19y 8m 23d

My stock ute gets off the line fine but my other T would break into a fury of wheel spin if I planted it all the way to 100kmh :stupid: Sideways too :spoton:

Stock they are no world betters but tune it and you will be happier :spoton:

• FG Falcon fan!
  • Member For: 21y 2m 24d

Both XR6Ts had nothing when u floored them? Sorry, you are full of BS (you are dissing the car).

Take the latest WRX and a 6-spd auto BF XR6T and u will find they will be dead even over the quarter mile...but the WRX will feel like it accelerates much more.

I suspect you arent experienced enuff to work out the difference.

Go back to Dapto with your 600hp "Charger".

• Sucker
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 20y 5m 5d

:spoton:

There is a massive difference between the 4-speed & 6-speed autos. And if the 4-speed isn't fast enough to downchange then it's not too difficult to push the gear lever forward yourself.

• Im the one and only
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 19y 8m 23d

Now Now.He is probably talking about second hand 4 speeder.He is right.They are slow of the mark stock.My old EB Fairmont V8 destroyed stock T,s of the mark and it used to get beat by VN commys. :spoton:

I know where his coming from.They feel slower then what they are :spoton:

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 21y 2m 6d
Now Now.He is probably talking about second hand 4 speeder.He is right.They are slow of the mark stock.My old EB Fairmont V8 destroyed stock T,s of the mark and it used to get beat by VN commys. :spoton:

I know where his coming from.They feel slower then what they are :spoton:

So you're saying EB V8's and Commie V6's are faster off the mark than a stock XR6T?I've owned an EB V8 and driven plenty of vsick Commies.can't agree.T is faster.........much faster.