Disc Rotor Hub

scott52

• Member For: 21y 10m 3d

After fitting the Advanti 18"'s the rusty brown rotor hub was in full view. It spoiled the the look of the wheel ... made everything look old before its time.

So I removed the rotors, wiped with steel wool soaked in RANEX, hosed off, dryed, masked and painted the hub with gloss black caliper and brake drum paint. You then let it touch dry and bake in a moderate oven for about 1 hour ... make sure the wife/girlfriend/partner is not home.

They look really good ... much cleaner and neater than before. I did both the front and back.

Cheers,

Scott

post-284-1174199030_thumb.jpg

• No boost, no bottle, just my foot on the throttle!
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 20y 8m 13d

You should have done the calipers at the same time.

Looks much better than the rusty ones everyone else have.

• Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 19y 3m 19d

Painted std calipers look very cheap IMO. I reckon the best thing is to polish the caliper of have it sparkling clean with a coloured backing plate for the pad.... this looks mint and doesn't look cheap and nasty.

• ORSM Ford Cruisers!
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 19y 4m 27d

Standard Calipers look great when spotlessly clean. I use Meguiar's Hot Rim All Wheel Cleaner. spray it on let it soak for a few minutes, if really dirty get and old tooth brush and scrub the crap off and rinse. Works really well.

Matt

• Member For: 20y 1m 19d
Painted std calipers look very cheap IMO. I reckon the best thing is to polish the caliper of have it sparkling clean with a coloured backing plate for the pad.... this looks mint and doesn't look cheap and nasty.

agree'd. ive been comtemplating pulling them off and getting them polished/chromed actually! but I figure t'll draw more attention to my little brakes inside the 19's lol

• Member For: 18y 7m 6d

agree'd. ive been comtemplating pulling them off and getting them polished/chromed actually! but I figure t'll draw more attention to my little brakes inside the 19's lol

Here is a caliper I polished myself, used to be on the VNSS diff I had installed in my ra23 Celica

DSCN1008.jpg