Bf Ii Typhoon

• Member For: 19y 9m 12d

I am looking at fitting a tow bar to my new phoon next week and have been told you have to cut the back apron to fit it, is this correct and does anyone have any pics?

Thanks

Scott :roflmbo:

Have you tried the dealer that you bought it from?

Yes, they gave me the contact details for this fitter because it's the same one they use.

I'm pretty sure there is no getting aroung cutting the rear apron and I'm sure I will shed a tear, I's just like to see how it looks.

Yeah I think your right. If it's the same as the XR6 Turbo's they cut the little centre thing out of the rear apron.

The Xr6's have a removable piece for the tow bar to fit through and is designed to come out, where the phoons rear apron is one piece and has to be cut to accomodate the tow bar, that is the unfortunate part. :roflmbo:

• Member For: 21y 6m 8d
Yeah I think your right. If it's the same as the XR6 Turbo's they cut the little centre thing out of the rear apron.

The Xr6's have a removable piece for the tow bar to fit through and is designed to come out, where the phoons rear apron is one piece and has to be cut to accomodate the tow bar, that is the unfortunate part. :blink:

I've always had a towbar on my cars including my previous XR6T but I just couldn't bear the fact of hacking into my rear bar so now my wifes' car gets to do the dump runs etc.

I don't think there is any way to avoid cutting the rear bar if you need a towbar. I have seen one done and it looked pretty neat but just not for me.

Big AL