Cleaning Tough Grime Off The Car

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Member For: 18y 5m 10d

I have a simlair problem with my car. The rapid yellow seems to show up all of these tiny black spots over the paint work. They are not large, and no one would even notice them but me, but it gives me the total SH$TS! I have tried bug and tar remover and even a light polish and nothing fully takes them out...... Me thinks it might be time to try the clay bar

• Member For: 20y 2m 27d

I had tar or grease on my car could not shift it with car wash was given a ENJO mit with water come straight off no detergent see if someone you know has one to try GOOD LUCK :roflmbo:

Edited by mickbundy

• CNUTOX
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 21y 8m 13d

As Phase3ute said Prepsol or K&H wax remover, but it will remove the paint protection, which is only glorified polish anyway. Spray it onto the panel, and gently rub over it with a cotton cloth. Then polish it. Do not let it dry on the car!

I claybar my car every 3 months and it looks as if baby oil is running down a pain of glass after I finish the polish. This is a much softer method and works well, but requires more effort. I just finished clay baring my wheels, there was a few chunks of tar on them, now they shine like new again.

• Moar Powar Babeh
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 18y 11m 27d

Diesel will take off any road grime/tar you pick up. The diesel washes off with normal car wash when your done. Make sure that the water you put the detergent in is hot. That helps the detergent do its job.. :spoton:

• Member For: 19y 5m 4d

As others have mentioned ,but is EXTREMELY important,when using the heavy duty stuff like acetone or prepsol do not let dry on paint or do in sun or leave the polishing to next time u get around to polishing the rest of the car.