BRAKE SHUDDER ISSUE

Guest IMTRBO

Who is it happening to?  

1,278 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Guest XR09
  • Guests

Could be a tyre out of balance and a worn bush.

The bushes Ford uses are for comfort and quietness.

here just ok under normal loads. Add stickier tryes and a bit of spirited driving and they fall down pretty quickly.

The poly's are not as rock hard as they use to be. And would be my choice for replacement if you were keeping the car.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 8m 2d

Just as a random idea since you said it can be horrible. Under the bonnet in the fuse/relay box remove the abs no.2 fuse and see if the issue disappears. Doing this will kill ABS, traction control, and DSC if fitted but you should still get the speedo working, you will also have a lot of fault lights on the dash but if it stops then its the ABS causing the issue.

• Member For: 13y 4d

Interesting, its only horrible when I'm braking, I can feel the shuddering occurring, and if I brake while the shudder is in effect it feels the worst, gona start by getting the bushes checked out but I will definately try that if I get no joy, cheers

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 8m 2d

Yea its long shot but I have a major shudder that occurs occasionally under different conditions to yours and it is down to one of the ABS sensors. So yea if the bushes dont make any change its a no cost test.

• 5 weeks later...
  • Member For: 13y 4d

Hi Guys, im back!

Car was in about a week ago, Bushes - all ok.

But one of the ball joints was buggered so got that replaced, hoped it would be this but NO, mechanic took the car for a ride and doesnt think its the rotors, they seem fine?

Wife has taken the car away for the weekend and has just text me saying the car is Shuddering horribly, she had to pull over it was that bad, the thing is it comes as goes and its NEVER round town, only on the open road :(

so to sum it up.

Bushes - checked by a quailty mechanic - all ok

Ball joint - replaced

Rotors inspected and road tested - ok

New tryres fitted/Balanced/Aligned

Really am at a loss here, im gona pull that ABS fuse next time im going on a long trip.

Anyone got any more ideas?

Edited by Vivasanti

• Moar Powar Babeh
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 18y 11m 28d

Mate, It wil be the front lower control arm bushes. They can appear fine visually and also fine when checked for excess movement, but they are a fluid fill bush,once the fluid leaks out the bushes ability to dampen vibration disappears and the result is shudder.

Get a set of superpro front lower control arm bushes fitted. Shame your not in WA. I would fit a set for free just too prove the point! :)

Guest XR09
  • Guests

If you live in or near bris I would take it to fulcrum's main repair shop on the sth side. I'm with Luke and the lower bush. They look ok on but you can squish them with your fingers