BRAKE SHUDDER ISSUE

Guest IMTRBO

Who is it happening to?  

1,278 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Cruise Whore
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 19y 1m 15d
Did you happen to have prices to do the rears as well?

No sorry - I only went for my fronts changed over. I reckon Race Brakes will give you a competitive price for the rears if you are planning on buying fronts at the same time. :beerchug:

• Member For: 17y 2m 28d

Ive dealt with Howard on a few occasions now (they fitted up my AP racing calipers, rotors and braided lines), straight up guy, no bullsh*t - honest advice.

I highly recommend all Vic members go see him for their braking needs.

Their Brake pads are brilliant, I use the RB74's on the street with my AP front setup, with their comp2's in the standard rear calipers, so much better than bendix pads, and their cheaper!

• Member For: 15y 8m 28d

Hi Guy

I have a BA 04 mode xr6 turbo, this whole shudder in the brakes is so bad at times its really violent like kinda hard to keep the car straight.

I changed the front discs now have brand new slotted DBA & it still does it now that I have the DBA I think its worst this is really fustrating.....GRRRRR

There has to be a better way than having to get your disc machined every few thound kays my BA is 7 years newer than my last car & 20 years newer than the car I had before that I never had a problem with them cars.

• Member For: 15y 8m 28d

I went to bakes plus today in hoppers crossing spoke to the guy about my brakes, he said he had anther BA in there a couple of weeks go he said it sounds like the same thing that guy had he told me they had to rebuild the brake master cyclinder.

I have my car boked in next saturday (bit if a bitch I cant get there during the week)... he is going to send the cyclinder to be rebuilt mostly likely it should cost around $550.

Has anyone else ever hd this done before?

Has it helped?

Edited by HerTURBO

• Member For: 17y 5m

silly question but did you clean your hubs befor installing your new rotors , wheel bearings maybe ?

also are you sure its the front with the brake shudder because the rears could be rooted and belive it or not when my rears had shudder it can still feel like its coming from the front of the car

what pads did you use ?

did you look over the bushes in the front of the car because all these things can cause the problems your having

so befor you spend up big check over everything else first

cheers trev

• Cruise Whore
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 19y 1m 15d
Evil do you have any feedback on your setup?

I can honestly say the dba 4000 slotted rotors and Race Brake RB24 pads are a good combination for my BA XR6T. I've had them on my front now for just over a month and the T stops well, no more brake shudder (thank goodness - just did some hot twisties on a cruise), no squealing, no sooty brake dust on my rims (and I had the dust covers removed) and look farrrkin great :spoton:

When I first got them, there was a slight squeal when moving slow and braking lightly but that only happened one night when it was wet on the roads. Only did it that time. Nothing ever since. I think breaking them in (sorry the pun :wtcslap: ) helped - need to drive around in them for maybe 800km.

For me, it was a well spent $482 - in my opinion Ford should have done it themselves on the production line - I guess nobody weighed up the hidden costs for BA/BF owners and Ford service departments in all the angst, time wasted and rotor machining labour across the life span of the BAs and BFs!!!

Edited by EvilDaifu

• 3 weeks later...
  • VOTE ROOTSTER 2010
  • Member For: 16y 9d
I can honestly say the dba 4000 slotted rotors and Race Brake RB24 pads are a good combination for my BA XR6T. I've had them on my front now for just over a month and the T stops well, no more brake shudder (thank goodness - just did some hot twisties on a cruise), no squealing, no sooty brake dust on my rims (and I had the dust covers removed) and look farrrkin great :wub:

When I first got them, there was a slight squeal when moving slow and braking lightly but that only happened one night when it was wet on the roads. Only did it that time. Nothing ever since. I think breaking them in (sorry the pun :howbig: ) helped - need to drive around in them for maybe 800km.

For me, it was a well spent $482 - in my opinion Ford should have done it themselves on the production line - I guess nobody weighed up the hidden costs for BA/BF owners and Ford service departments in all the angst, time wasted and rotor machining labour across the life span of the BAs and BFs!!!

Hmm I think I shall follow in your footsteps!

My brakes are past the stage of horrors! My office is based in Wollongong Uni, every afternoon I am caught up in the afternoon traffic, and my brakes... Biggest squealing noises EVER! I mean, if we ever did a forum competition for the loudest brakes, mine would most probably win. I never have time to take the car in to get the things fixed, and when I do I always put it off! But the time has come, the stock ones have to go.

• 1 month later...
  • Member For: 18y 2m 18d

I have dba slotted rotors on my auto bf ute. not 4000s though. fix the problem for about 3 months or so now it has slowly come back over the last month and is as bad as the factory rotors were. car has done just over 150km now.

so is it worth replacing the rears? and what front bushes could be causing the problem?