BRAKE SHUDDER ISSUE

Guest IMTRBO

Who is it happening to?  

1,278 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 8m 12d

So I got everything checked out and the guys seemed to know about the forums and the issue with the bushes and the brake shudder but they said the bushes looked good. I'm hoping they knew what they were on about, but they seemed to know about the brake shudder issues, one had a bf xr8 with brembos so hopefully. Did confirm my rotors were warped though. Soo some DBA4000 slotteds on back order with racebrakes Sydney and I should be away, was going to be done anyway so not worried. Looking forward to the brake upgrade though, especially since I want to go to the track.

Edited by Bulletime
  • Like 1

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 24d

Just booked in for Wednesday to have my brake shudder fixed, only noticable at high speeds. Car has 16k on it. If it comes back any time soon ill be swapping for some DBA rotors

• Member For: 13y 9m 26d

I did the cheap ass solution.

From 60 km/h 6 stop with heavy brakes (say 80% brake application, not lockup / not triggering ABS) to 20km/h and then ride back up to 60kmh and repeat.

Pick a quiet time an quiet place. The aim is to get through the stop/starts and have a 5 to 10 min cool down period as well. This means no matter what, you do not come to a full stop. If you think you will, don't try this. After 2 or 3 stops, or maybe 3 or 5, it will stink like hell. This is exactly what you should expect. We are burning the brake crap shudder off.

Solved my 80-50 shudder no problems.

You all owe me a keg for each shudder I save

Edited by dbXR60

• 3 weeks later...
  • Member For: 12y 1m 29d

Hi im getting a brake shudder type shudder at 100kph....comes and goes really bad but its always there......just worse sometimes.

I have really bad warped rotors which im getting replaced next week (on order)

could I need to adjust the boosted? could it be the rotors? and the booster

shudders real bad in the steering wheel. side to side movement and when I go to brake as soon as I touch brake pedal the shudder is sooooo bad!

• 2 months later...
  • Member For: 13y 5m 27d

Hi all As seems with most of you I got the dreaded brake shudder only 5000 KLM after having the rotors machined so I decided to replace with them with DB4000 rotors and EBC Red stuff pads.

Worked great and had beautiful smooth brakes until I just clicked over around 5000 KLM and once again I can start to feel the shudder start to return.

Since I can only feel it in the pedal and not the steering wheel I thought I'd change the rears as well.

Could anyone let me know if they are as easy as the fronts to change, considering they house the hand brake shoes im not sure how involved it would be.

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Also read a thread referring to bushes as the culprit so if someone has the magic answer I'm all ears. Cheers

it's a 2010 G6E T with 55000klm

Edited by Dagabond

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 19y 4m 2d

Yeah rears are as straight forward as the fronts, though what I did fid when I did mine on the BF is that the rotors wouldn't come off the studs.

I had to undo the handbrake so the rear wheels would spin freely, then they just loosened off the studs...

Though I have gone down the path of changing rotors to dba 4000 and using Bendix Ultimates allround, and like yourself I found that the shuddering always came back.

Never really found a solution for it, even did the cleaning of the wheel hub thing...etc...

My shufddering would always start off gradually after the rotors were replaced or machined, with a slight pulse in the peddle and then before you know it would progress to the steering wheel.

• Member For: 13y 5m 27d

It's a bit of a pain considering the cost of rotors and pads, any thoughts on lower control arm bushes being to blame, I read a couple of threads last night where some guys got them changed over to Superpro which got rid of the shudder.

Rears arent to hard to change same as front take caliper off the hand brake shoes are housed in the rear disc similar to old drum brakes if you take it off nothing will fly out.

Thanks spinr33

Had a good look at the fronts and they look fine, they should as they have only done around 5000klm, the rears are slightly grooved so hopefully another set of DB4000 will fix it.......if not it will at least look better.

Cheers