NOLMT4NT

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Cruise Whore
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 19y 1m 25d

Sorry to hear about your car. Like others have said - looks like it may become an insurance claim for a new one if the authorities can't find your old one.

Makes you realise how important it is to take your car off the street at night.

Friend of mine had his alloys stolen from his car - they just jacked it up and took off with them leaving the car on the jacks! Then on another separate incident, had his car keyed along with a few other cars that were also on the street. Both incidents right outside his house :spoton:

Edited by EvilDaifu

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 21y 3m 4d

Has it been in for a service at Ford lately?

A staff member that was in the know / had plenty of authority and was smart could easily get a new key cut and programmed to the car, then give it back to you with the original key and you'd be none the wiser unless you went to use your spare key as it would not get past the immobiliser.

So if it has been in for a service lately that's another possibility, otherwise its a tilt tray job.

• Member For: 17y 7m 22d
Im also out on the street for another 2 months and its killing me. Just not the type of cars that should be left on the street overnight.

The only ones  know of beiong stolen are from keys. 1 from a service dept, dominelli ford actually, and another from breaking into someones house.

Hows the feeling when you walk out the front and it just aint there!

My girlfriend was the last to drive it and she's worried an engagement will not be coming in the short term. :spoton:

My first thought was that the typical BA handbrake had failed and it would be down the street.

Well GIO has given me a Hiundai Getz for a fortnight, the blokes at work loved it! I had a look at the motorshow tonight and was surprised to see the 1.6 has 78KW :biggrin: Mine however is the 1.4 auto, lots of fat-arm cruising at a casual pace.

• Gold Platinum Member
  • Member For: 20y 3m 4d
Could not begin to imagine what it would be like to have my T stolen. Although it's insured for more than we paid for it, I still like my car, I like the character of my car, the tiny little details that you would only pick up by spending a lot of time behind the wheel.

I treat my T like my kids, I feed it, I clean it and make sure it is safe and out of harms way. 

Went overseas in february and I can honestly say that I missed my car, it's like part of the family!

So condolences to you my friend, hope your insurance will cover a nice new T.

Graham.

I am like you Graham. Its not about the money (mines insured for agreed not market) its all the effort and the littereally hundreds of hours ive spent on it washing it, doing mods like my carputer project, etc etc.

• My engine bay is Bionic
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 6m 11d
If they flatbed the car away then there wouldnt be much of a gearbox left from dragging it in park.

Am I right?

Most would put it in Neutral before dragging her away; it only takes a few seconds to get in (not exaggerating here <5sec) for someone that knows how they can do it fast/quietly, others will not care n just smash the window etc.

Know of a few peoples cars that have been loaded up onto a flatbed; all had smashed windows; id hate to come out where my car was n find bit of glass and no car! :gooff:

Sorry to hear your T is gone, maybe this is a blessing in disguise? (time for an upgrade) :blink:

Dont cars parked in clear ways just get dragged up and taken away? See the towies do it all the time. ppl parking in clearways sh!ts me to tears.