Mods Without Blowing The Warranty?

DennisRB30

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Member For: 17y 10m 12d
you can be like me and not boost the car up and still have no warranty...

How did that happen?

Seriously. Does everyone on this forum either keep the car dead stock until the warranty period is over or do they just not give a crap about the warranty?

I took it to the drags, they found the slip, driveline warranty is no more..

I cant see how they could do this. It is a Performance car and people will use as such. I would take this further if I were you. When my car is runin I will take it for a run at Willowbank.

• Formerly XR6NA
  • Member For: 18y 10m

So what would happen say for example you have modified your car but something breaks while they take it for a test drive after they have completed the service? Would they have to cover that or would that still be your problem?

• Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 19y 3m 7d

its out of warranty now anyway.. slip was in the map pocket in the back of the seat, I din even know it was there!!

doesn't bother me too much anyway as they dont seem to do a proper job.. my replaced diff is on the way out, and I think my 5th gear syncro is also going again..

I mean fpv do a driving day when you buy their car and they dont expect you to thrash it to the max?? they aren't gonna drill you if you start rippin nuts, they'll love it! I dont get it either but meh, whaddya gonna do..

just means I have to pay but at least it gets done properly!

not sure what would happen ez, but my guess is they wouldn't be too keen to foot the bill!!

• Throbbing Member
  • Member For: 18y 5d
slip was in the map pocket in the back of the seat, I din even know it was there!!

Why the fark would they look in there? :blink: Seems a bit strange to me though I am not a ford mechanic so for all I know this may be standard procedure.

Step 1: grease and oil change

Step 2: new filter

Step 3: e.t.c e.t.c.

Step4: Free wash and tyre shine

Step 4: complimentary interior detail/search for hoon parifinalia and such and such

Should have told those nosey apprentices to mind there own stuffin buisness :gooff:

• Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 19y 3m 7d

funny story, I actually ran into one of teh apprentices at the lights later that day in his mates ts50.. he told me that he found it :nono:

guess they were lookin for my drugs/money/sunnies..

just shook my head and chopped him.

• loitering with intent
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 21y 1m 11d
So what would happen say for example you have modified your car but something breaks while they take it for a test drive after they have completed the service? Would they have to cover that or would that still be your problem?

Interesting question. With my last Phoon ( 310 rwkw), the dealers service dept had a sympathetic ear when it came to mods , ie diffs , known issues etc.Same also with my previous T

Anyway, they offer a pick up & deliver service , so no problems having them pick it up for a service. I always reset everything on the trip computer back to zero , just to see what if anything they get up to.

Average fuel north of 30L/100km when I got back it in it :stirthepot: They had travelled quite a few Ks delivering, picking up,listening for a noise that was pissing me off, the obligatory test drive and drop off WTF.

At the first opportunity I give it a hit in second , guess what , farking clutch slip. The :censored:s must have given it an absolute bollocking.

Rang my usual contact and he says drop it off no worries we will sort it for you, no problems.

I then get a phone call from the Chimp service manager saying that we have fixed your clutch , the damage is $5500 for a complete replacement, fly wheel etc the whole damned thing. Needless to say I was not impressed.

Explained the situation leading up to the clutch failure and was told that my trip computer needed recalibrating as it was obviously farked. What a load of crap. I drove that car everyday and would certainly have noticed something of that magnitude.

Bottom line .... car was modded , had edit ,zorst and injectors, Warranty rejected , even though it could be argued that the dealers staff caused the issue.

What pissed me off was the attitude that I did not know my own car, that I had thrashed it when I hadn't ( burnouts etc), that plenty of more powerful cars clutches were consistently able to take that power and more.The fact that they replaced the clutch without my permission given that they billed me for it :roflmbo:

To this day, despite many phone calls and excuses, the damaged clutch assembly and parts have never been able to be produced... Go figure

Tried the reasonable approach to no avail, ended up having to monster the Dealer Principal and threaten him with the removal of his service contact for my employers vehicles. :director:

In the end a deal was reached but I was still out of pocket.

A few morals to this long winded post

1/ Never trust a dealer, they can speak with forked tongue

2/ If you MUST take you car to the dealer ( and particularly if you have bigger injectors) a valet tune is a must have item.

3/When push comes to shove you are on your own.

and most importantly you play you pay. I had a three year history of taking modded cars to this dealer with no issues, how quickly they turn.

The whole experience still makes my blood boil :protest:

• I see red
  • Member For: 21y 9m 13d

A few morals to this long winded post

1/ Never trust a dealer, they can speak with forked tongue

Never a truer word spoken

2/ If you MUST take you car to the dealer ( and particularly if you have bigger injectors) a valet tune is a must have item.

Found that out the hard way - after specifically asking/telling the dealer not to touch the computer as the car is modded they decided to reflash the computer anyway  :roflmbo:

3/When push comes to shove you are on your own.

Yep

and most importantly you play you pay.

No problem with that.

I had a three year history of taking modded cars to this dealer with no issues, how quickly they turn.

Yep. Canberra Ford dealers have lost me as a customer and if/when I decide to buy another Ford it won't be from a Canberra Ford dealer either.

The whole experience still makes my blood boil :stirthepot: