Mods Without Blowing The Warranty?

DennisRB30

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 4m 10d
maybe try a Milo tin on the end of your xhaust.. Wont just make you faster but will also impress the local high school girls.

... interesting.... :blink:

Nah they'd be more impressed if your exhaust shot pills out to them

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• CNUTOX
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 21y 8m 24d

I saw a mitsu lancer today with a "MUDGEN" sticker on the windscreen! :blink::roflmbo:

Maybe if you put a ralliart sticker on somewhere it will pick up awd and go like stink?

• Member For: 21y 3m
you can be like me and not boost the car up and still have no warranty...

How did that happen?

Seriously. Does everyone on this forum either keep the car dead stock until the warranty period is over or do they just not give a crap about the warranty?

• Member For: 19y 11m 19d

I don't really give a crap. And no I'm not loaded either. Its just the less times I have to let those monkeys touch my car the better. They usually damage something else every time I take a car to them anyway...

Chris :spoton:

• Member For: 20y 1m 27d

Even if you modify your car, ford warranty will cover anything that the modification doesn't effect. Most dealers are pretty good, and will let you have an edit and exhaust from what I've heard, however if you break the computer or an exhaust manual, you won't be covered. Some aftermarket suppliers will allow you to keep total warranty (I know herrod and john bowe products will not effect your warranty).

• CNUTOX
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 21y 8m 24d
Even if you modify your car, ford warranty will cover anything that the modification doesn't effect.  Most dealers are pretty good, and will let you have an edit and exhaust from what I've heard, however if you break the computer or an exhaust manual, you won't be covered.  Some aftermarket suppliers will allow you to keep total warranty (I know herrod and john bowe products will not effect your warranty).

I wish there were dealers that existed like the ones you have heard of! It's untrue, unless you have a friend who is service manager, goodluck. If they can get out of warranty items, they will, and try their best to do so.

Don't forget that for an example, for you buy and have ford fit a product, they will charge say 240 bucks, if it's warranty, Ford will only pay the dealer 170, and it's the dealer who has to absorb the costs. They also say that the dealers should be trained F1 pit crew, cos they allow 1/2 to 3/4 of the actual time it takes to fit the said product.

• Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 19y 3m 7d
you can be like me and not boost the car up and still have no warranty...

How did that happen?

Seriously. Does everyone on this forum either keep the car dead stock until the warranty period is over or do they just not give a crap about the warranty?

I took it to the drags, they found the slip, driveline warranty is no more..