Xr6t Compared To Ve Ss

DougM

• Member For: 18y 3m 23d

Hi Guys.

I was getting my BA XR6t auto serviced today and while I was there, A VE SS auto had been fitted with a complete new exhaust(from extractors to tip!!),air filter and a custom tune.

The stock VE had 218rwkw. It was then fitted with a hi flow filter and the extractors and exhaust etc. It was custom tuned on the dyno. Final result was 252 rwkw.

I know you can't accurately compare dyno charts from different days but I think the XR6t compares well. My stock car on the same dyno(different day) had 210rwkw with a k&n filter and after the custom tune it is up to 250 rwkw. As I said you can't compare exact figures from different days but I think we can be confident when we line up next to one!!!!! Also, my investment was $1500 for the mods where the VE would have been around the$4000-5000.......Now it's my turn for exhaust and injectors(and tune)!!!!!

Cheers.

Doug

Edited by DougM

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Member For: 18y 8m 16d

Hi

the power readings might be pretty close but you have to keep in mind that they are two very different cars and work differently. I know of a few friends, one with an LS1 the other with an xr6T where the T makes about 250rw and the ls1 about 235 and the LS1 wins hands down every race. just my thoughts, only way to find out is to give him a race.

BOSE

• No boost, no bottle, just my foot on the throttle!
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 20y 7m 10d

The VE is a lighter car and will most likely beat you if you have similar power.

• Member For: 19y 3m 4d
Hi

the power readings might be pretty close but you have to keep in mind that they are two very different cars and work differently. I know of a few friends, one with an LS1 the other with an xr6T where the T makes about 250rw and the ls1 about 235 and the LS1 wins hands down every race. just my thoughts, only way to find out is to give him a race.

BOSE

although a 15rwkw difference isn't much anyways, and dyno figures could have been inflated or whatever, I do know what you mean. One thing to keep in mind is that a manual T will usually be slower due to losing boost when changing gears.

So 250rwkw in a V8 is pretty good :spoton: especially for just those mods.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 8m 15d
The VE is a lighter car and will most likely beat you if you have similar power.

Where you pull that from. VE SS weighs 1800kg, the Xr6T about 1700kg. The VE SS V is 1812kg, up from 1650kg in the VZ.