Removing A Lock Nut With Out The Key?

YPURV4

• KILL,KILL,KILL,DIE,DIE,DIE,
  • Member For: 18y 4m 20d

Hey people well as the title say's I need to remove my lock nut and I have lost the key, some one told me to bash the closest size socket I could find on there and that will work.

Well they where :spoton: WRONG now the teeth on the lock nut are nearly completly striped off, but I stoped so there is still a bit there.

So now how the hell and were do I go to get my bloody rims off.

Not a happy man :gooff::gooff:

• Im the one and only
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 19y 8m 17d

I had to bash a socket on to mine but I used a rattle gun to shock it loose. :gooff: Next thing is weld a socket on it :spoton:

Good luck mate and I know how you feel :gooff:

The socket was the only size that would fit so I couldnt of used another one without bashing all the teeth off. the welder idea sound's good but my locknuts sit inside the wheel so I dont think I could get the head of a welder in there but that would be the wat to go.

Im farked I dont know what to do.

• - Track Bound EVO III -
  • Member For: 19y 9m 9d

From my interpretation, you ARE supposed to knock the grooves out of the lock nut.

Sorry, but you have to butcher the thing and ram the socket onto the nut!!

Then, go and buy 4 new ones :)

Thanks for the info guy's but my dad the champion got 3 of them off and one is lets just half off lol, we did the socket trick again but he used the sockets that have more than the 6 stud point ( if you know what I mean) so it had more grip.

We also used a hammer and chisle for the one we ccouldnt get off but it was getting to hot so will save it for another day.

There would of been no way a welder could of gotten in as the studs are set into the rim, I can only use thin walled sockets aswell that's how dam tight it is.

But I have the backs off which is the main thing as that's what I need off to get the roady, because my tyres are to bald.

Thanks again guy's :spoton:

From my interpretation, you ARE supposed to knock the grooves out of the lock nut.

Sorry, but you have to butcher the thing and ram the socket onto the nut!!

Then, go and buy 4 new ones :)

That wasnt the case with me I needéd the groves so the socket would grip so it could turn the nut.

that's why we couldnt get the front one off as we grinded all the groves and the rest of the lock nut sit inside the rim so we couldnt bash a socket over it.

I think its just my rims