Edit.

MR-XR

• Member For: 16y 5m 25d

thanks mate I will look into it I will have to go see my machanic altho he is more into v8 he has turned out some xr6t one pushing some healthy numbers..... I think he uses some capa program....

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Member For: 17y 1m 25d

What is the process for a custom tune on the dyno? I know about downloading the generic tunes into the stock ecu but how is the dyno tune done?

Is the flash tuner left plugged in whilst on the dyno, or is it first plugged in to put the ecu into a custom tune mode ready fo the dyno allowing air/fuel ratios and timing to then be freely adjusted?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 2m 13d

I'm looking to get a custom tune but need a basic question answered first. I'm a bit confused with some of the terms: SCT, capa and Xcal. are they one and the same? are any models obsolete?

• Member For: 20y 24d

their all the same mate.... The company that makes the edit is called "SCT"... capa USED TO be the sole importer of the SCT flash tuner until they decided to be naughty...the flash tuners are now brought in Via Herrod motorsport.

The SCT flash tuner started out as model "x-cal 1" then as time went on, model 2 & 3....

X-cal 1 is the best bang for buck if you just want a custom tune (they all hold 3 tunes + your factory tune), whereas x-cal 2 & 3 have live datalogging capabilities and also can read/clear ford error codes from the PCM.