Good/bad Deal?

Creepshow

• Member For: 17y 8m 7d

Gday,

Just sold the BA now looking to get the turbo version asap. One in particular is a Blueprint 55,000k's 2003 model 3 months reg, no options, looks tidy ownerwants $24k firm. Wondering if anyone has an opinion on price, am I paying too much?

Also owner has already had turbo and gearbox replaced under warranty? what's this telling me: owner flogs it out? its a lemon..? seems a bit early for these parts to go..

Lastly is there anything in particular I should be looking out for when inspecting these vehicles. responces appreciated.

cheers

• No boost, no bottle, just my foot on the throttle!
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 20y 7m 11d

The money they are asking is about right.

Check for oil leaks, clunking from the driveline and service history.

Turbos going is not unusual as no one seems to clean the oilfeed filter.

The ION gearbox seems to be a hit and miss. If it shifts ok and there is not clunking, you may have a good one.

I would try to get a car with premium ICC as the colour screen makes a huge difference. I am sure you could find others that will come down in price with more options.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 10m 5d

Sounds reasonably priced to me. The 4 speed isn't renound for giving trouble at stock power levels but it can happen, same with the turbo not unheard of. If the cars in good nick and has been looked after go for it, otherwise keep looking. There are heaps out there to choose from as it's a buyers market at the moment.

• Member For: 17y 8m 7d

yeah it is a buyers market but IMO 8/10 people are asking too much especially those asking in the higher end of 20grand for T's with 70,000+k's on the clock.

Found another for 25k 03 T with premo sound 29,000km's good nick, so that's probably where I'll throw my money.