Additives

muncher

• Member For: 18y 6m 20d

Hi All.

I was woundering if anyone uses additives in their fuel or engine oil, or anywhere else for that matter.

Thought about using an engine additive to help prolong its life. You know the ones, friction reducers etc. How about the fuel system?

Anyone?

muncher

I use Bitron - have done for years on all my vehicles and machinery.

Gives me peace of mind but I'm not going to spruke about it's worth to anyone. I believe it works but others may have a different opinion that's all.

• I see red
  • Member For: 21y 9m 14d
I use Bitron - have done for years on all my vehicles and machinery.

A funny story for you about Bitron. A few years ago a mate used to sell it. He was fairly new to it and saw an oppurtunity to make some bucks out of it. He went to see another mutual friend who ran a new and used auto parts shop to try and convince him to start buying some. Anyway the Bitron mate started spruiking about this stuff you put in your tyres and pretty much guaranteed you won't get a flat tyre. To prove the point Bitron boy filled his tyre of his own car with the stuff and then proceeded to drive over a piece of timber with a nail sticking out of it. The result was fairly predictable, the tyre went down like a lead balloon! He hadn't read the instructions which said you must drive for a short distance after filling the tyre with this muck to allow it to circulate first. Needless to say he didn't sell any Bitron that day and had to change his tyre outside the shop while the owner, staff and several customers watched on and laughed! :blink:

• My engine bay is Bionic
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 6m 12d
Hi All.

I was woundering if anyone uses additives in their fuel or engine oil, or anywhere else for that matter.

Thought about using an engine additive to help prolong its life. You know the ones, friction reducers etc. How about the fuel system?

Anyone?

muncher

I only think a Wynns injector cleaner from time to time may help a lil, but this and all the others are over rated.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 20y 5m 12d

Have a read around the Nulon website --> www.nulon.com.au , there are a few guys here using their oils now. Australian owned etc etc.

I use E20 (engine oil additive), more for peace of mind than for anything else:

http://www.nulon.com.au/products.php?productId=e20

• www.australianflag.org.au
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 19y 2m 14d

Just put some Nulon oil in, lets see how good it is. Its half the price of Castrol Edge, so hoping its good.

Scotty

PS To answer the question, I dont use additives, but just use the best POL's I can and change regulary.

• Iconoclast
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 20y 4d

When I go for a run, knowing I may push the car somewhat hard.. I always ensure a bottle of pro strength octane booster resides within a half tank.. Travelling the east coast I know one thing for certain... Consistant qualities fuels are unobtainable and the odd anomoly could kill a good day out.....

• Member For: 18y 3m

In the middle of last year the BP refinery here in WA had a failure in the part of the plant that makes the only 98 RON fuel we can get over here (Ultimate) and for a couple of weeks I had to run my girl on 95 premium, even though she was tuned for 98.

I put a bottle of Nulon Pro-Strength in for each tankful and did not have any detonation problems. Same for a mate that has a Modded WRX.

After this I have started using their synthetic oil. I change her every 7500k I used to use Castrol but am happy with the Nulon 15-50 and it is about $20 a bottle cheaper.

cheers

Peter