Xcal2 Edit Before And After Graph

Tex

• Member For: 20y 4m

There is a bit of a story to my Xcal2. When Kris from Sports Compact sent it to me after I flashed my car the auto went into limp mode I think he accidentally put a manual tune in it. I sent the unit back to CAPA they sent me a new unit as I sent he old one back to them. I must say that Tony from CAPA did all he could do to help me so I could get the car on the road with a tune before I went on holiday (I am sending this post from my apartment at Kings Beach) Even though the first tune had a problem I would recommend Kris from Sports Compact the tunes that he gave me were adjustable +or - and he charges less that CAPA for the unit. He supplies them with three generic tunes. He sold it to me for less that what is says on his Ebay shop give him a call for a price.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Member For: 18y 7m 8d
There is a bit of a story to my Xcal2. When Kris from Sports Compact sent it to me after I flashed my car the auto went into limp mode I think he accidentally put a manual tune in it. I sent the unit back to CAPA they sent me a new unit as I sent he old one back to them. I must say that Tony from CAPA did all he could do to help me so I could get the car on the road with a tune before I went on holiday (I am sending this post from my apartment at Kings Beach) Even though the first tune had a problem I would recommend Kris from Sports Compact the tunes that he gave me were adjustable +or - and he charges less that CAPA for the unit. He supplies them with three generic tunes. He sold it to me for less that what is says on his Ebay shop give him a call for a price.

Thanks for that, I had been looking down that path myself. Might have to give him a call. Have you used the logging at all?

• - Track Bound EVO III -
  • Member For: 19y 9m 6d

Apparently Wogg runs them around 13,s to get his high power on standard injectors.

Please retract that statement if you have NOT had Nick do a tune for you.

I had no leaner than 12.3's afr's when I went 11.8 the first time with stock fuel pump. Stock fuel pump is what made it go to 12.3's!!

I have never seen a tune of his go into the 13's. heresay.

GOING ABOVE 12.7'S WILL NOT GAIN ANY POWER OVER RUNNING RICH

• Member For: 20y 4m

Apparently Wogg runs them around 13,s to get his high power on standard injectors.

Please retract that statement if you have NOT had Nick do a tune for you.

I had no leaner than 12.3's afr's when I went 11.8 the first time with stock fuel pump. Stock fuel pump is what made it go to 12.3's!!

I have never seen a tune of his go into the 13's. heresay.

GOING ABOVE 12.7'S WILL NOT GAIN ANY POWER OVER RUNNING RICH

I will retract the statement, I have spoken to Nick about tuning and him being able to get high power with standard injectors. He never said that he runs them lean to get power. One thing I don't want to do is cause anyone to think negative about a tuner.

• Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 19y 2m 30d

in the afr graph you posted does that show the stock tune have afr's of 14 odd early in the rev range?

is that normal?

I cant ever remember seeing a tuner make a tune with afr's like that off boost?

or have I just missed it?

Edited by XR06T

• SportCompact.biz
  • Member For: 21y 6m 10d
please forgive my ignorance but I have a few questions.

is this xcal used with the edit from what I can see its yes.

and its an  interceptor like the unichip right.

how much are they.

I would like to be able to pull timing out and have 10%+and - fuel.

combined with a boost controller and a good 3d map it can be a home tune kit.

It is NOT a piggy back like the unichip it is an edit, the ford flash Xcal is the first generation & Xcal 2 is the 2nd generation giving some adjustment.

It retails around the $1200 mark.

It's still recomended to get a custom tune then you have adjustment from there.

Muzza

The retail price is $1245 inc GST.

Regards,

Kris

• SportCompact.biz
  • Member For: 21y 6m 10d
please forgive my ignorance but I have a few questions.

is this xcal used with the edit from what I can see its yes.

and its an  interceptor like the unichip right.

how much are they.

I would like to be able to pull timing out and have 10%+and - fuel.

combined with a boost controller and a good 3d map it can be a home tune kit.

The Xcal2 is like the CAPA flash (wihch I believe is Xcal1)in fact they come from CAPA even though I got mine from Sport Compact you will find them on Ebay. They flash the ECU just like the CAPA flash but have the ability for the user to make small adjustments. The amount of adjustment that can be made depend on what the tuner allows when they create the file that is stored on the Xcal to be flashed to the ECU. CAPA only allowed my tune to be given more fuel and less timing. However they can be set up to have +or- timing & +or- fuel. The amount of timing and fuel that can be changed are only small e.g 2 degree +or- timing 6% fuel. There is no adjustment for boost. Hope this helps. :blink:

Tex,

Good result with the XCal2 :)

In regards to the boost adjustment due to the various ways that boost can be controlled (open loop or closed loop), it isnt really possible at this point of time to offer boost adjustability with the XCal2's.

Cheers,

Kris