Possible Upgrades?

NA-06-XR

• Member For: 18y 4m 3d

I just calculated about $150 for all the tubing, silcon hoses and hose clamps, shipping.

I remmber fordwog boy saying he paid 350 something for his, so I might just do it this way and save $200 and put it towards a oil catch can :nod:

oh the tape you ask.... its still there doing its job, just looks crap :spoton:

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Member For: 18y 3m 17d
I just calculated about $150 for all the tubing, silcon hoses and hose clamps, shipping.

I remmber fordwog boy saying he paid 350 something for his, so I might just do it this way and save $200 and put it towards a oil catch can  :nod:

oh the tape you ask.... its still there doing its job, just looks crap :blink:

Hehe good stuff glad to here the tape is still there. I did similar to my stock one cut the restrictor off and used carbon fibre to cover the hole (dont you love contacts in the aircraft industry) a few layers of carbon a bit of resin and what do ya know didnt last a week. your special tape works better than the almighty carbon fibre :D

that's awesome total I spent about $300 including the silicone and clamps and most of it is hanging around the garage in a sad sad state lol. If you need a hand with it let me know I aint far from you.

All you need is those really thin grinding discs for the angle grinder or even better if you have a drop saw with the metal cutting discs like they use in exhaust shops it will be a breeze.

On another note id like a 90mm throttle body on my NA any ideas?

I been thinking about cutting the part where the motor and gears attach on the spare throttle body I got and getting it welded to a 90mm throttle body.

suggestions people?

• Member For: 17y 9m 11d

Forget that last request.. found their website that you had referenced on a "fordforums" thread... (did a quick google search and found it)...

There was quite a bit of work involved in this twin throttle body setup...

More than I thought...

You spent quite alot of time on figuring out where to run the intake pipes too... I would love to see the jaysRPD sectuplet manifold... I wonder if they rebuilt the entire bottom half of the original plenum...???

I sat here last night and thought about what to do with the entire setup... Its coming to me slowly... (I have the old ford manifold on my lap and just stare at it and think of sh*t to do...)...

the only part I will have trouble with is everything I would like to do involves adding extra sensors and adding some extra values to the lines in the programming...

Have ideas but NOOO way of implementing it....

anyways.. I'll sit and think of more...

Daniel...

Edit: Jays RPD are out of business theyve decided to calll it quits and continue it on as a hobby :spoton: that's not good at all oh dear sad sad day.

I just worked it out the surface area of a single 90mm throttle body is 6361mm2 whereas twin 70mm is 7696mm2 so the twin will still outflow the big single by a bit.

Might be my next project though.

Edited by Ruger

that's sad... I was going to call mick tomorrow too... have a chat about if buts and maybes... oh well....

looks like its our own backs carrying the weight...

this is going to be fun... this weekend... I'll pull off the nizpro manifold and figure out how its designed... see if I can pull any hints from it...

Anyways... catchya

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I just had a thought I had to share... :spoton:

Isn't increasing the air intake on an N/A similar to increased PSI on a standard throttle body... ???

think of it as say... 0.0005psi...

how does the supercharged engine deal with the extra flow rates?

Or are we looking at a completely separate issue of air sensor readings being taken from the actual throttle body itself?

those are the questions I have... :spoton:

dan out... sleep time...

• Moar Powar Babeh
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 18y 11m 29d
Edit: Jays RPD are out of business theyve decided to calll it quits and continue it on as a hobby :spoton: thats not good at all oh dear sad sad day.

I just worked it out the surface area of a single 90mm throttle body is 6361mm2 whereas twin 70mm is 7696mm2 so the twin will still outflow the big single by a bit.

Might be my next project though.

Have you done any manifold vacum testing to see if theres any gains to be made be going that big on throttle bodies..? Are they really that much of a restriction at WOT?

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I just had a thought I had to share... :crybaby:

Isn't increasing the air intake on an N/A similar to increased PSI on a standard throttle body... ???

think of it as say... 0.0005psi...

how does the supercharged engine deal with the extra flow rates?

Or are we looking at a completely separate issue of air sensor readings being taken from the actual throttle body itself?

those are the questions I have... :fool:

dan out... sleep time...

The Map sensor does the reading. it reads vacuum and boost. standard map sensor goes up to 1 bar I think that's how the ecu puts its head around things. the ba map sensor also has an integrated temp sensor.

When you get the manifold off get pics! I wanna see the inside.

Hiddeous as for the vacuum testing I dont have access to the required equipment. if anyone does im happy to put the hard yards in and do the testing.

Edited by Ruger