Underdrive Pulleys

gt-p

• Member For: 15y 26d

that's sweet, pretty good for just a 40 min bolt on job. Any idea what I should be looking at next? Thinking of a tune at the moment. Have heard mixed reports on cams...

• Member For: 18y 4m 9d

cams will work but most people forget that changing cams changes air flow characteristics, the head should really be ported and valves changed to match the flow of the new cams. Cams normally work by moving the power range higher up in the rpm area so normally some bottom end can be lost and the car may actually be slower unless diff gears and convertor (if auto)are changed to match the rpm range.

Most bolt in cams will not generally result in much of a gain, but sometimes lots of little things can result in a great gain.

Tuning should be done to get the best results of headers etc.

I noticed just once when I was parking it at the shopping centre seemed the power steeering dropped out for a second but then it was fine. However it has done that to me before with the stock balancer.... But time will tell as its only been 3 days of having it.

Are you able to bump up the idle yourself using the Ford x3 Flash Tuner or does the flash tuner require a computer program to do this then reload the tune onto the car?

• Member For: 16y 1m 11d

I too was thinking about a cam, but from ratters comment it has sort of put me off now.

so what would be a better option either 1 or the other WITH a tune in terms of power, a cam or diff gears?

im not sure but my understanding is diff gears give better power down low?

what sort of ratio would be good? and what would the difference be compared to standard??