Underdrive Pulleys

gt-p

• Cryptic Clothing Company
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 2m 26d

a special tool? I just used a ratchet spanner and it loosend the belt off.. pretty easy once u get shown. if ya need help.. we can do it one arvo mate

• Member For: 16y 3m 23d

Hey all,

I was looking into the underdrives myself as at the moment I have a BF N/A XR6, with a 2.5" Cat back with a K&N air filter...was wondering would an underdrive be the next step towards a performance gain...also was looking at getting a CAI and a tune. would anyone be able to give me a rough cost estimate for those 3 things..? also what order should I do the modifications...

P.s. I live in melbourne so any places in melbourne where I could get these done would be great!

im a bit of a newbie...bare with me!!

any help will be greatly appreciated!!

thanx,

Vebbers!

Edited by Vebbers

• Member For: 16y 22d

ok ill give you a rough estimate, even though its a rather strange place for your topic in my thread.. lol. but underdrive you can get on ebay for 269. should be fitted for about 400ish. tune, ummm, 1095 including a flash tuner. and cai depends what you want. if you want top of the range you can go for a ss inductions growler, their 499 on ebay. or you can go f6 lower intake which will be about 120-150. so total for those 3 roughly 2 grand if you go with the growler or like 1700 if you choose to use the f6 lower intake.

im not entirely sure why but im gonna go with the growler and spend the extra money.. lol

• Cryptic Clothing Company
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 2m 26d

I think extractors should be on your list next along with a ss induction kit and a tune.. should b a bit of a difference there.

btw coolkid.. just go see kev down at ss inductions at ormeau.. can generly save a couple of bucks.

Edited by typhoon_freak

• 3 weeks later...
  • Member For: 16y 3m 23d

Hey all,

I was looking at a 20% underdrive for my BF N/A 6, and was wondering if that would be the best move to make, also is it a straight forward installation job, or will I have to get it done pro. atm I just have a 2.5" CATbak and the K&N air filter.

I thought the underdrive would be the next move to make. Any thoughts and opinions would be great!!

Thanx all,

Vebbers

Edited by Vebbers

• Inactive Members
  • Member For: 16y 1m 2d

You dont need a special tool a standard cheap balancer puller will do it. You just need to cut some u bolts to make hooks and use them to pull it off. If you look at the balancer you will work out what I mean. Cost me less than $30 and the ballancer puller can be used on other engines.