Boost Solenoid Maintenance

ZAP

• 3 weeks later...
  • Member For: 10y 11m 4d

Option two is to by pass the boost solenoid completely. This will ensure you are getting maximum action from your actuator. To do this, disconnect the hose at the boost solenoid leading from the actuator. Disconnect the vacuum hose from the front of the turbo housing. Now pug the actuator hose into the front turbo housing inlet. Be sure to remove or tie up non used pipe from boost solenoid.

Enjoy the power again.

This is also a good test to see if your actuator or boost solenoid is faulty.

Mine is permanently by passed, you get a engine fault code every so often due to the by pass.

• Manual mode ________________________ All day, erryday
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 10m 11d

That's what you do though. Spray it right into the top of the boost solenoid. Mine's had it done many times and I'm up to 215,000km.

• Member For: 11y 27d

abit late to the party but I tried this took me at least 25-30mins coz my top tube that connects to the top of the solenoid went over my bottom radiator hose making it almost impossible to remove I got there slowly and thinking carefully and did this little maintenance squirting wd40 into the top tube connect everything up so making it easy to get to again and went for a drive after 5mins of warming my car up and wow boost never came on as strong as it did just cruising along have it a bit of leg and man does it take off so l'm please =D

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • Member For: 10y 8m 1d

I just bought an old BA XR6 Turbo . It was very laggy and didnt really come on boost. I tried the clean and went for a road test. the car felt stronger but was cutting out at 3000rpm. After searching the net I found that spark plug gap could be an issue so I pulled a plug and found the gap to be set at 1.6mm. I adjusted the gaps down to .8 and went out for a road test.....Wow a new car, it is now pulling hard to red line and the traction light is flickering all the time. The car has a capa flash tuner so I have just down loaded the 10 pound map into it......looking forward to going for another drive.

Thanks for posting the fix.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Menace
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 5m 14d

I just bought an old BA XR6 Turbo . It was very laggy and didnt really come on boost. I tried the clean and went for a road test. the car felt stronger but was cutting out at 3000rpm. After searching the net I found that spark plug gap could be an issue so I pulled a plug and found the gap to be set at 1.6mm. I adjusted the gaps down to .8 and went out for a road test.....Wow a new car, it is now pulling hard to red line and the traction light is flickering all the time. The car has a capa flash tuner so I have just down loaded the 10 pound map into it......looking forward to going for another drive.

Thanks for posting the fix.

Get the tune checked on a dyno bud.

You will blow your motor up

• 2 weeks later...
  • Inactive Members
  • Member For: 10y 6m 22d

G'day all, I was just reading the post about boost solenoid maintenance and I've gone out to have a look at mine to find that the hose off the solenoid goes to a tee piece, but is not hooked up. Now I've found the hose its meant to be connected with, but its been plugged with a bolt. What might be the reason they've done this? It' a 04 BA, XR6t. Aftermarket intercooler and piping. I've only had this a couple of weeks and it's the first turbo'd car I've ever owned so any info would be great. Cheers.