My Rant

86gav

• 69 - PSI
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 19y

Basically mate it states in fine print, failure to disclose any point of your traffic history will void the policy. I didn't tell them I lost my licence again since buying the car and taking out the policy.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• My engine bay is Bionic
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 6m 5d

Usually that can be argued so that they take into consideration your oversighte and only pay your claim to a certain ampount. I think if you consulted an insurance lawyer than they would have written to your insurer asking for this. My policy says something similar, but they factor in the oversight and pay out less as a result.

• www.australianflag.org.au
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 19y 2m 7d

I would not have a clue what my driving history is, and when asked I say I have had several sppeding fines, but none from 2001 that I can remeber. That has always been enough, for the insurance company.

Add to this, you were not driving. Its is BS and at least if you can push them some. They were going to honour it, and have decided to try it on.

I am not having a go at you, I am juast angry at the BS insurance companies pull. You are the poor *beep* that is out of pocket.

Scotty

• TEAM BA
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 19y 9m 17d

forget your mate... its the insurance company you should be hammering!

I refuse to drive anybodies car who does not insure me... your mates at fault for the accident yes, but hes not at fault for the insurance

what does your driving record have to do with the accident when you were not driving?

what were all the reasons given for not paying? it cant just be your record.

• 69 - PSI
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 19y

hi guys, im gav's girlfriend. in response to remarks made such as 'its your fault, you let him drive, accept the consequences' 'its your fault, you should've told your insurance company' blah blah blah. and this goes out to everyone as a warning from first hand of gav's experience.

:gooff:

keep in mind that gav and this bloke have been close buds for ages and I myself, have known this person for well over 5 years.

when you get into the driver's seat of a car, you take on a mass of responsibilites. especially when you do not own that particular vehicle. whether its your mum's, your girlfriend's or your workplace's.

first thing, FORGET insurance. for some, yes it is a security blanket that their mate has insurance but remember this: INSURANCE DOES NOT ALWAYS PAY OUT. you do not get into someone else's car with the state of mind, 'oh they have insurance, im untouchable'. just because the car is insured, doesnt mean that when YOU make an irresponsible mistake and crash it to a nearly written off state (20g's of damage to be exact which lets say is by far NOT minor) and insurance gives the owner the flip that you are no longer responsible for any damages done to the car. that is complete crap. especially when you are mates.

second thing. when people say (not necessarily on this forum, but in our town aswell) the owner should have notified the driver that the car was uninsured, so the owner is at fault. of course he should have notified his mate of the voided policy.....HAD gavin known. There is no way in hell that gav would have let anyone drive his car, let alone be silly in it had he known the policy was void. And these guys were mates enough for the driver to understand that it was an honest mistake on gavin's behalf that he didnt know the insurance was voided, thus gav was asking for less than half the repair bill... just like the mistake the driver made upon crashing it. there is also no way that if gav had informed the driver that the policy was void as they were driving that the person in question would have said 'oh no, that is very irresponsible, I will pull over right now and take the ket out of the ignition and get out of the drivers seat' (note the sarcasm).

this guy skipped town the day after it happened, made no effort as the insurance process was being carried out to make contact, ignored countless phone calls and text messages and is now riding it as 'im not reponsible for anything because you didnt have insurance'. and gavin is only asking for a bit. not the full monty.

what we are getting at is the mate factor. of course if you want to to tuck tail and run, you will behave with the same manner and go based on the loose morals of situation but any mate would pay up or at the very least keep contact and give some form of feedback. gav would sell his kidney had the situation been reversed.

im confident that this will go well in a small court hearing, not out of spite and not out of lack of the same morals and regulations that got these guys into this situation, but because its not just a couple of hundred bucks of damage. Almost $20,000 guys. who can cope with that bill on their own?

bottom line. if your such good mates, you drive, you crash, you should have the compassion to assist. regardless of insurance. and to those who disagree with me, stay out of the driver seat if the car is not in your name.

lol ok I think im done. end rant lol.

:spoton:

on lighter note, check out gav's car now. not a bad bounce back from crappy situation ey! Cheers.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 20y 10m 17d

the thing I dont get is why didnt the insurance company tell him they wouldnt insure him from the start if they knew that his policy would be void.. Or do they decide to check his history AFTER they take his annual fee?

bunch of fcukers if u ask me.. Gav should go machine gun on their asses.

Insurance aside, you break it you bought it.

I'd be hitting the insurance company up big time, they approved the reapirs then backed out half way through and leave you to pay the bill. I had a claim knocked back on my car last week through works insurance, there excuse was no one was at fault so we wont cover it, offered to pay my $4,ooo excess if I put it through just car's though........

• 3 weeks later...
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 6m
the thing I dont get is why didnt the insurance company tell him they wouldnt insure him from the start if they knew that his policy would be void.. Or do they decide to check his history AFTER they take his annual fee?

bunch of fcukers if u ask me.. Gav should go machine gun on their asses.

jet .he says he lost his licence again after getting the insurance and didnt disclose..

sorry to hear man that would shatter me.

looks really good now bet u love that 6speed :spoton:

as for insurance the government needs to set some strong standards in the insurance industry.

we should not have to ring the insurance company every time we get a fine to see if we are still covered.