• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 2m 14d
what do you mean by that?

Extrude Hone. Basically it's the art of pushing paste through something to clear any imperfection's that can affect flow. It look's like someone's laying cable, when you look at it being done...

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 17y 7m 10d
Extrude Hone. Basically it's the art of pushing paste through something to clear any imperfection's that can affect flow. It look's like someone's laying cable, when you look at it being done...

Hi IGZ

Still dont understand what it does and what gets done to the manifold.

By the way boys I have start my manifold mod so far so good. myn will be bit different but I amd changing that centre part on the manifold and put a rectangular peace on alloy to replay the have my flage on top.

The reason for this is to have my pipes to be under the ecu I dont like the look of the pipes being higher that the ecu,

here is a pic of what my idea is. As soon as its ready for welding ill post pics to give you a rough idea what it looks like

Tell me what you think.

Cheers

Pete

post-10931-1181282541_thumb.jpg

Edited by LUMO

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 2m 14d

This would probably describe it a little better man;

"What they do is pump an abrasive thick substance, best described as being like toothpaste, through item's like intake or exhaust manifolds to "port" them.

It is very good at removing the rough surface finish from sandcasted items, either cast Aluminium or cast Iron, and leaves a beautiful satin finish. The great thing with it is that it removes more material around to locations of the greatest restriction and so will tend to even out the restriction through a manifold."

• Donating Members
This would probably describe it a little better man;

"What they do is pump an abrasive thick substance, best described as being like toothpaste, through item's like intake or exhaust manifolds to "port" them.

It is very good at removing the rough surface finish from sandcasted items, either cast Aluminium or cast Iron, and leaves a beautiful satin finish. The great thing with it is that it removes more material around to locations of the greatest restriction and so will tend to even out the restriction through a manifold."

Thanks man that's alot better haha.

Any idea on how much something like that will be worth to do?

Cheers

Pete

• Member For: 19y 6m
Hi IGZ

Still dont understand what it does and what gets done to the manifold.

By the way boys I have start my manifold mod so far so good. myn will be bit different but I amd changing that centre part on the manifold and put a rectangular peace on alloy to replay the have my flage on top.

The reason for this is to have my pipes to be under the ecu I dont like the look of the pipes being higher that the ecu,

here is a pic of what my idea is. As soon as its ready for welding ill post pics to give you a rough idea what it looks like

Tell me what you think.

Cheers

Pete

The idea of the pipe - fine - but having the filter box on top of the engine is just silly - imagine the size hole you will have to cut in the bonnet! :wackit:

Edited by cobrav8

• Donating Members
The idea of the pipe - fine - but having the filter box on top of the engine is just silly - imagine the size hole you will have to cut in the bonnet! :wackit:

Its not silly think about it, another air intake ill be cutting it open like the WRX mail box they have on there bonnet

dont worry it will go fast :stupid:

• Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 19y 3m 1d

is there going to be enough room for the throttle body on the plenum? I think this is the problem exah6 ran into, then added that pipe with the tb on the end of that..

looks good either way!

• Donating Members
is there going to be enough room for the throttle body on the plenum? I think this is the problem exah6 ran into, then added that pipe with the tb on the end of that..

looks good either way!

I might be able to get the TB straight on the plenum I have to wait till its welded and on the car to be sure