Any Ideas For Group Buys? - Window shopping for blokes...

Guest NOS XR

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 1m 14d
A wonderful member from ere fitted mine, but we is in Melb hehe.. Im sure any of the site sponsors in NSW would do it...

Guys,

After speaking with a few shops I have finally secured a discounted price on 4 point harnesses that meet the ANDRA requirements for Super Street. This allows you to run 11.0 - 11.99 without being told to leave so long as you also have a S/ST license & Tailshaft Loop fitted as well.
The item in question is a RPM 2" belt that has quick release clips to allow easy installation. Makes it handy for those of us that just drive our street cars at the drags & don't want a harness left in permanately...

RRP on these is $195 & I have been told we can have them for $175 in any of the 3 colours they are available in (Red, Blue, Black) once we have 10 people confirmed, and cheaper if we have more interested. They also do the mounting plates needed & I have been advised that 3 will be necessary for proper fitting. They retail for $18.50ea but we can get them for $9.50ea when purchasing with a harness.

Total cost on these will be $203.50 + postage if you require it but I'm sure these will fit in an Australia Post overnight bag, keeping the cost down. Usually, you'd pay $250+ for this belt so it's a saving of ~$50.

I will leave this open for 2 weeks & see where we are at. If there isn't much interest I'll just pay rrp & all others interested will have to also.

[url="http://www.revolutionracegear.com.au/index.php?PCID=10413&PSO=245&PSID=9121__&PSV=Primary&CDO"]http://www.revolutionracegear.com.au/index...Primary&CDO[/url]=

I am also trying to sort out Tailshaft Loops for a good price but no one seems keen at this point in time. Seeing as they're only ~$80, it might just be worth paying rrp.

Cheers, Dean :spoton:

Dean (03XR6T) - 1 Harness
Adrian (Adrian6t) - 1 Harness
Matt (Ford_Esky) - 2 Harnesses
Mark & D (Lil_Bodes) - 1 Harness possibly??

[quote name='03XR6T' post='829333' date='Feb 23 2009, 03:15 PM']Mark & D (Lil_Bodes) - 1 Harness possibly??[/quote]

:biggrin:

like there going to run an 11

[quote name='senna_T' post='829779' date='Feb 24 2009, 09:45 AM']Any idea where they place the mounting plates Dean? I'm guessing you have to bolt these to the floor somewhere?[/quote]

2 under the rear seat (unsure about the utes at this stage) & one between the centre console & driver's seat. All holes will be concealed & when the harness is unclipped/out of the car, you'd never know it was there.

[quote name='tinyplums' post='829788' date='Feb 24 2009, 10:03 AM']dean, do they have an expirey from date of sale or just inspection on condition? coz I`m not likely to be running 11's anytime soon but might as well jump on for a saving unless they have set time for use[/quote]

You're not that far off mate. A cat back exhaust & rollershutter hardlid should have you in 350+ territory, then it's low 11's boi! :spoton:

[quote name='Ford_esky' post='829960' date='Feb 24 2009, 01:48 PM']:roflmbo:

like there going to run an 11[/quote]

Harness is also required when 115mph is reached apparently. They're nudging 114 so come winter may be in a spot of bother...

• Moar Powar Babeh
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 19y 12d
Offtopic buuut,

Anybody got any good info on the changes to the helmet rules at the Plex, i have heard on the grapevine that my 3year old helmet is now good now. :spoton:

There's a possible group buy for you Deano.......

[quote name='03XR6T' post='830106' date='Feb 24 2009, 04:33 PM']Harness is also required when 115mph is reached apparently. They're nudging 114 so come winter may be in a spot of bother...[/quote]

nice work dean

I was doing a spot of fishing

no bites, not even a nibble Edited by Ford_esky