Any Ideas For Group Buys? - Window shopping for blokes...

Guest NOS XR

• Member For: 17y 6m 15d
[quote name='senna_T' post='772209' date='Nov 21 2008, 10:07 AM']Yes, however the "low beam" will bsaically be better than your normal "high beam"! lol[/quote]

Its the low beam that needs attention on these cars anyway. Low beam is crap on my ute, especially on a real dark night out in the sticks where there are no street lights and plenty of cows and skippies roaming the sides of the road.

If these improve low beam half as good as you are claiming then I am in Pat! Edited by craiginmackay

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 1m 14d
I might bo up for a set Pat, if they are indeed good and more impotrantly easy to fit... Me and electricity/wiring dont mix LOL...

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 17y 1m 17d
Hey All,

Recently I've worked with TCI P/L in NSW to get a modified stock converter right for my BTR 4 speed. We reckon it's pretty good at around 2500-2700rpm. We opted for slightly smaller rather than slightly larger as this still retains excellent driveability, fuel economy and will not loose you much power at all. After fitting this converter I did a dyno run and didn't loose any power. I went from 350 to 358 but this is probably more due to it being a colder day than the original tune as well as fitting new coil packs. So I would imagine a very small power loss would be the norm, unlike some of the 2800-3000 rpm converters around which can cost $1000 and loose 25 or more rwkw.

I've spoken to Len and he will be selling these for $495 but is willing to do $450 for the forum plus around $22 for delivery. They come with a 12 month TCI P/L warranty and for now, he does not need your old converter as exchange. Is anyone interested?

Specs are:

- Standard plastic thrust washer changed for a bronze washer
- Turbine is bronzed
- Outer stator race keyed to stator
- Viton lock-up up seal
- Needle bearing changed with a better bearing
- Retains lockup

• 3 weeks later...
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 9m 29d
[quote name='AgroXR6T' post='792186' date='Dec 27 2008, 06:55 PM']Im interested in a high flow cat as well as a 4' dump pipe if possible.[/quote]

x2 and 3.5" cat at that.