Any Ideas For Group Buys? - Window shopping for blokes...

Guest NOS XR

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 9m 3d
[quote name='RAP1D' post='745377' date='Oct 6 2008, 01:12 PM']I'll have a price up tomorow.

I only sell flow matched sets of 6, which are matched to 1% of each other, rather than the typical 5% flow from the Ebay sellers.
These give better tunabillity, which helps with idle quality and ecconemy.[/quote]

A good price on these would be awesome!!!
Im stock piling parts at the moment ready for future mods
Waiting for Rapid to do a sale on high flow coolers too
hint hint

• Banned
  • Member For: 16y 8m 13d
hey all, how about nizpro dose a gruop buy on some injectors????????
looks like there are alot ppl who will jump at the op..... maybe who ever is interested put a post with there name and, if we get a decent number off ppl interested then talk to the crew at nizpro

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 17y 2m 12d
[quote name='RAP1D' post='742680' date='Sep 30 2008, 10:21 PM']Oh, also I might be able to do a group buy on High Flow cats to suit standard exhausts... will be a cat & centre section replacement.[/quote]

That's what I'm talking about. you can count me in.

• NOT THERE!... THERE!
  • Member For: 16y 5m 12d
[quote name='stockxr' post='746643' date='Oct 8 2008, 10:48 PM']hey all, how about nizpro dose a gruop buy on some injectors????????
looks like there are alot ppl who will jump at the op..... maybe who ever is interested put a post with there name and, if we get a decent number off ppl interested then talk to the crew at nizpro[/quote]
Mate, RAP1D is already in the process of getting a price for a group buy of injectors.

Any updates on this Chris?

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 4m 15d
Well, I buy them from the states, and with the dollar as it is, they have gone up $55 au a set of 6.

I was hoping to do them for a decent amount under $400, but its not going to happen.

$400 is the price. My retail on my website is $475.

Please note that these are flow matched to within 1% of each other, in a group of 6.
Most sellers sell them at the factory 5%, as they buy them by the piece, not the set.

I'd rather sell them matched, at a slightly higher price, than send them out unmatched, with the chance of tuning issues once installed.

• NOT THERE!... THERE!
  • Member For: 16y 5m 12d
I'll happily pay an extra 20 or 30 bucks for a more accurately flow matched set. Mainly because it seems like a small price to pay for the possibility of avoiding issues later.

Cheapest I've seen a new +-5% set for is $370 and your price for these ones is saving us $75 off retail.

Seems like a no-brainer. If it gets up and you start a thread, put me down for a set mate.

• Banned
  • Member For: 16y 8m 13d
great!! sorry ppl, didnt no that this was on the go....... can i ask what thedifferance between yours and nizpros?? nizpro said that their injectors are better than boch because of the petrol flow on low throtel, how do these ones match up???

i keep harping on about nizpro because ive heard a lot of good things about them, and to me my ca is my baby so i dun wana do any thing to hurt her.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 17y 1m 17d
I'm just throwing this out to see if there is interest. How about torque converters for the 4 speed? In the process of finding a converter for my built BTR, I've found someone who is helping me get the stall correct for my converter. He has fitted many to N/A's but not to a Barra Turbo as yet. So after a conversation today, he is willing to use my car as a test mule to get the desired 2800rpm stall at his cost and my time and inconvenience! I only have one car ATM.

The first one was way off the mark at 3700rpm. I have a second converter being modified as we speak and I should have it fitted next week. If it's not right, we will try again until we get the desired 2800 rpm. With my car making a typical power level for our cars (350 rwkw), the stall should not deviate too much if you have a little less or little more power or slightly different tune characteristics.

I know people are paying between $800 and $1200 depending on where you get them from. I'm not sure on the price yet but it will definitely be well under $800. Probably less than $600 I'd say, but don't quote me on that yet as I'm not sure what he has to do to get these to work for our turbo application.

These are the mods done to the standard converter:

- The turbine is bronzed
- Outer stator race keyed to stator
- Lock-up up seal is replaced with a high temp Viton seal
- Needle bearing changed with a better bearing (not sure of type)
- Plastic thrust washer changed for a bronze washer
- Lock-up is retained
- 12 month warranty