Looking For A First Car.

LLV

• Member For: 18y 26d
But a car for under 5k and save your money for a few years then invest it in something like a house :msm:

not a bad suggestion, id suggest a share portfolio though, much better returns in shares atm

if only we'd all bought into the resources market in mid 03 :fool:

share price resembles xtremef6's power graph!!

If only I'd bet on the winner of the Melbourne Cup. Hindsight is a fantastic thing.

Property is a much more stable investment, whereas shares are risky. That said, wasn't the original post about a car?? :Doh:

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Fastest Taxi In Melbourne
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 6m 20d

hey mate,

dont listen to half the crap that guys have said here,

I turned 18 6 months ago and got my licence then. I got the keys to dads xr6 handed to me as my birthday present.

ive read alot of comments within this thread saying "its too heavy, you will crash, bla bla bla, get a pulsar" bullsh*t. if you really like the car, go ahead and get it. people have also been complaining about the costs associated with the xr6, insurance, fuel consumption, running costs, well to all those people, I am a keen car enthusiast and I will pay the price no matter what, because driving the car makes me happy, if it puts a smile on my dial then I am prepared to pay the extra insurance and petrol.

as I said, if your really keen on getting an xr6 then get it, you wont regret it. other people have commented on how the car is too heavy and cant be controlled by an inexperienced driver as well as the brakes being sh*t. that may be the case, but the same can be said about any driver. it all comes with practice, as long as your not an idiot behind the wheels and take things slow and dont go crazy, everything will be fine.

if you really like the look of the car, etc go for it and get one. if you have some extra money, then by all means, go and get the turbo. it will set u up for many years to come. as ypurv4 said, take the turbo sign off and all youll get is 100 fine if you get caught. chances are you wont get caught unless your seen to be doing something stupid. I also read some comments people posted about getting an auto. GET A MANUAL. its the only way to go. if your a car enthusiast and you love your cars and you want to be a real driver, go the manual. in any model of car a manual will always go harder and faster than an auto, and its more fun to drive.

at the end of the day, it will be your choice what car you get, but if your hearts set on getting an xr6, go get one.

if you want to ask any questions about the car feel free to PM me

anthony

Edited by xr6boy

• XR68UZ
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 8m 21d
hey mate,

in any model of car a manual will always go harder and faster than an auto, anthony

you got proof to back that up Einstein. cause the auto golf r32 is faster then the manual golf r32. you shouldn't say things which youhave no proof to back up with.

• Formerly XR6NA
  • Member For: 18y 10m
hey mate,

in any model of car a manual will always go harder and faster than an auto, anthony

you got proof to back that up Einstein. cause the auto golf r32 is faster then the manual golf r32. you shouldn't say things which youhave no proof to back up with.

Auto's will be faster in a straight line but manuals are better for the twisty stuff.

• Donating Members
hey mate,

im just going by the majority of cars, if you read motor magazine or frequently compare cars you will see a pretty consistant trend that shows manual versions of cars are most likely to be faster than autos

Edited by xr6boy

• Donating Members

I do in fact have some proof to back up my claim, several.

I have a manual ba xr6 n/a, and my mate has exactly the same car in auto,

both cars are completely stock and we try to make sure the variables are the same, every single time weve dragged(which has been a fair few times) ive beaten him! why? because I can rev harder at the start and get a better launch.

another mate of mine has an auto twin turbo supra, hes a member of a supra forum and regularly goes on cruises. his car is slightly modified and he gets beaten by stock twin turbo manuals.

if you know how to drive a manual properly, chances are you will beat an auto driver

Edited by xr6boy

• Donating Members
your friend must not know how to drive an auto properly :D

or maybe im just too good with the manual :spoton::w00t2: hehehe

Edited by xr6boy

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 10m 10d

I had a AU XR6 on my P's then a BA XR6 and now the XR6T. The BA N/A XR6's are basically a good safe car, if your prepared to pay the extra costs in regards to fuel, insurance etc then go for it. But I wouldn't bother with the clunky, notchy sh*tty 5 speed. Go the auto, it's a much better option IMHO.

• XR68UZ
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 8m 21d
I had a AU XR6 on my P's then a BA XR6 and now the XR6T. The BA N/A XR6's are basically a good safe car, if your prepared to pay the extra costs in regards to fuel, insurance etc then go for it. But I wouldn't bother with the clunky, notchy sh*tty 5 speed. Go the auto, it's a much better option IMHO.

:spoton: my friends got a T with the t5 and his car is really clunky to drive. that said his got straight cut dog gears :S