Factory Satnav

dswaffer

• Member For: 18y 4m 15d

Hi Guys,

I am brand new to this site and I have to say this is one of the best presented and helpful forums I have ever seen!

I have had my XR for a few months with no plans to do any mods really whatsoever but after I got the CAPA flash unit installed it looks like I have no choice but to start spending some money.

I have the premium sound with the factory SatNav in my 03 BA Xr6t and was wondering if there is any way that the DVD player that is used for the SatNav can be used for playing dvds with a modification. Otherwise what is the easiest method to retain the SatNav and still play dvds.

Cheers!

• Colossal Member
  • Member For: 20y 1m 28d

Mate welcome to the forum, have a look in the modifications and workshop section under the Audio sub-forum and see if you can find an answer in there. In short you can connect a DVD player to your ICC and have an AV switch installed to change between your SatNav and the DVD player. I'm 99.9% sure the satnav system will not play DVDs for you.

• role model
  • Member For: 18y 7m 12d
Hi Guys,

I am brand new to this site and I have to say this is one of the best presented and helpful forums I have ever seen!

I have had my XR for a few months with no plans to do any mods really whatsoever but after I got the CAPA flash unit installed it looks like I have no choice but to start spending some money.

I have the premium sound with the factory SatNav in my 03 BA Xr6t and was wondering if there is any way that the DVD player that is used for the SatNav can be used for playing dvds with a modification. Otherwise what is the easiest method to retain the SatNav and still play dvds.

Cheers!

Welcome to the fourms, good choice in getting the capa flash tuner heheh

did you get a custom tune??

also you found all the infomation in here somewhere if you cant just post it up

and im sure someone will be more then willing to help.

Carlos :roflmbo:

Hi Guys,

Cheers!

Welcome to the fourms, good choice in getting the capa flash tuner heheh

did you get a custom tune??

also you found all the infomation in here somewhere if you cant just post it up

and im sure someone will be more then willing to help.

Carlos :bum:

I haven't had the tune done yet as I wanted to get some other modifications done first - I.e the 2nd CAI on the way, hybrid intercooler, some type of exhaust mod (not sure yet which way to go) and larger injectors. After all that gets done I will follow up with a custom tune. Do these cars have any problems with 12 pounds of boost?

• Gold Platinum Member
  • Member For: 20y 3m 26d

Nah they handle 12 fine I believe. The mod to make the satnav play a video dvd would cost way more than you are willing to spend. There are many options. eg alping hub bro, car dvd player that supports the icc. my favorite, carputer but that's quite a project

Nah they handle 12 fine I believe. The mod to make the satnav play a video dvd would cost way more than you are willing to spend. There are many options. eg alping hub bro, car dvd player that supports the icc. my favorite, carputer but that's quite a project

Thanks for the info. I think I will spend money on power rather than worry about a dvd player - chances are I'll crash whilst watching the screen rather than the road anyway.

• Gold Platinum Member
  • Member For: 20y 3m 26d

My carPC project to watch DVD, MP3 etc only cost me about $200 plus the cost of inverter ($300) because I already had a laptop I wasnt using so its not realy expensive but it took months of work to get it right.