Alloy Pedal Pads

sjo

• Member For: 19y 12d

I have just purchased a set of Ford alloy pedal pads from FTG auto salvage. The brake pedal pad is on without trouble, but is there a 'trick' to remove the stock accelerator pedal? I am no circus 'strong man' and have no success removing it or even coming close to it to install the new alloy one.

• Member For: 21y 2m 2d

Dude it's been years since I done mine cant recall (too many beers :-) but I do have the old pedal and well you can see by looking at the back of your new pedal the throttle arm goes down the guts then clips or pops in the cut out making it impossible to pull off again. Looking at my old one theres some major stress marks at the top of the slot, looks like I got the sh*ts and pulled back hard from the bottom of the pedal till it bent the plastic at the top a bit, then I guess you'd have to reverse and push the bottom of the pedal forward whilst pulling down.

Mate I cant say this is the way to do it, like I said was years ago but from looking at my old one it looks like it didn't come off without a fight.

Else get a soldering iron and melt the little 5mm spot on the rear of the pedal between where the arm goes in and the slot it locks into.

• Member For: 19y 12d

Thanks! Just worked out you just peeled it off and then refit it to the original pedal. That was a waste of 2 hours of my life.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 69 - PSI
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 19y 1m 2d

Yeah u just pull it down towards the floor but be acreful as when it lets go its easy to cut the webbing of your finger on the pedal arm and it hurts like sh*t for days after lol