tupperware

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Member For: 18y 6m 3d
I spoke to SCT at SEMA today and asked a few questions. Unfortunately, I didn's ask about the ZF.

They said the Livewire will hopefully be released by December, the only reason they've exposed it to the public so early was due to speculation the product didn't exist. Basicy, prove it aint bullsh*t.

The other interesting point made by one of the SCT boys was that the time it takes to 'flash a tune into the car is a restriction on the PCM's side, not the tuner tool. So, the lovely 4 minute wait will still exist.

And just to clarify, you cannot live tune with livewire.

You can only tinker with the preloaded tunes, and then only limited parameters.

And you CANNOT touch custom tunes, unless your tuner allows you. lol, like that's gunna happen.

Rob

Sounds like a bit of a waste of time if you ask me, not much advantage to having it

• Big Gun
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 21y 11m 14d
I spoke to SCT at SEMA today and asked a few questions. Unfortunately, I didn's ask about the ZF.

They said the Livewire will hopefully be released by December, the only reason they've exposed it to the public so early was due to speculation the product didn't exist. Basicy, prove it aint bullsh*t.

The other interesting point made by one of the SCT boys was that the time it takes to 'flash a tune into the car is a restriction on the PCM's side, not the tuner tool. So, the lovely 4 minute wait will still exist.

And you CANNOT touch custom tunes, unless your tuner allows you. lol, like that's gunna happen.

Rob

Sounds like a bit of a waste of time if you ask me, not much advantage to having it

I agree pretty much, It's a fancy loking tool though. I took a few pics and brochures, but probably nothing u aint seen on their website.

• Big Gun
  • Donating Members
Thought that might be the answer, think they must have a pritty $$$ deal going on!

Wonder how much it will be released in the US for.

Dunno.

There was alot of interested being expessed in it. But I suppose if other makes have a faster PCM, the live tuning component will make more sense. I overheard some dude with a Vette was wetting pants over it.

• Member For: 18y 6m 3d

Rob

I agree pretty much, It's a fancy loking tool though. I took a few pics and brochures, but probably nothing u aint seen on their website.

well hopefully this new tool will be interchangable with a new PCM if one is ever released

• Sucker
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 20y 4m 30d
Thought that might be the answer, think they must have a pritty $$$ deal going on!

Wonder how much it will be released in the US for.

Dunno.

There was alot of interested being expessed in it. But I suppose if other makes have a faster PCM, the live tuning component will make more sense. I overheard some dude with a Vette was wetting pants over it.

There's some clown here with an NA creaming his jocks as well!

Hope your having fun Rob - miss you long time buddy :spoton:

A forum member here has already ordered the product (Live Wire) and SCT said that it was being sent already by UPS. That was Monday. SCT have already charged the guy too.

Time to start making some phone calls find out whats doing.

Thanks for the info rob even if it sounds a bit like bad news. :tease:

• Big Gun
  • Donating Members
A forum member here has already ordered the product (Live Wire) and SCT said that it was being sent already by UPS. That was Monday. SCT have already charged the guy too.

Time to start making some phone calls find out whats doing.

Thanks for the info rob even if it sounds a bit like bad news. :tease:

No worries mate.

Just FYI - I spoke to SCT no less than 2 hours before I posted today.

They said they haven't released yet caue they still haven't ironed out all the bugs.

Maybe the forum member you're referring to has a R&D deal with them.